[Pnews] Urgent Support for Kevin "Rashid" Johnson

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Thu Jan 25 15:43:03 EST 2018

https://imixwhatilike.org/2018/01/25/urgent-call-alert-kevin-rashid-johnson/

  URGENT CALL ALERT for Kevin “Rashid” Johnson

January 25, 2018

*URGENT CALL ALERT*
Prisoner Name:
*Kevin “Rashid” Johnson*
<https://imixwhatilike.org/tag/kevin-rashid-johnson/> #158039

*DETAILS*
Kevin “Rashid” Johnson (#158039) *wrote an article*
<https://imixwhatilike.org/2018/01/10/heat-florida-prisoners-receive-no-protection-deadly-heat/>
about the Florida
prison strike, which was published online on January 9, 2018. The
following day warden Barry Reddish retaliated against Kevin’s use of his
First Amendment rights, ordering that he be given a disciplinary
infraction for “inciting a riot”. Further, on January 19th Johnson was
thrown in a cold cell, with a broken toilet, no heating, and with a
window that will not fully close, allowing cold wind to blow into the
cell. The cell has the same temperature as the outside, where
temperatures have been repeatedly at or below freezing. We have not
heard anything from Kevin since January 19th. Warden Barry Reddish must
be held accountable for illegal retaliation and, now, the torture of
Kevin “Rashid” Johnson.

We demand that Johnson is moved to a safe and clean cell, with normal
indoor temperatures and with a toilet that works. We demand that Johnson
be allowed to call his attorneys immediately. We demand that warden
Reddish and all other Florida Department of Corrections officials stop
retaliating against Kevin for his reporting on conditions in their prisons.

*PLEASE CALL*
Warden Barry Reddish
Florida State Prison
Raiford, FL 32083
904-368-2500

*DEMANDS*

# Move Johnson to a properly climate controlled cell with a working toilet
# Immediately allow Johnson to make phone calls to his attorneys
# Stop retaliating against him for reporting on conditions in your prisons

Please report back on the response to your call
Send reports back to:
jaybeware at riseup.net <mailto:jaybeware at riseup.net>