[Pnews] Support a Release Campaign for Political Prisoner Robert 'Seth' Hayes

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Wed Jan 10 10:54:33 EST 2018

      Please help us save our beloved father and grandfather, Robert
      “Seth” Hayes from the New York State Correctional System where he
      has been incarcerated for the past 45 years.

Seth was only a young man, father, and husband, as well as a decorated
Vietnam War veteran when he was arrested in August 1972 for his
involvement with the Black Panther Party and Black Liberation Army. It
was a tumultuous time in American history and the struggle for Black
freedom. Yet, despite decades of painful incarceration away from his
family, Seth has maintained a remarkably clean prison record with no
violations in his 45 years of imprisonment. While incarcerated he
enrolled in college courses, supported the elderly population, and
became a mentor to the younger generation of incarcerated men to steer
them away from gang violence.

      Seth has paid his debt to society, and we believe he’s earned his
      freedom after 45 years of imprisonment.

*Unfortunately, the state of New York continues to hold Seth prisoner.
He has unsuccessfully been before the the parole board 10 times! *Every
time Seth appears before the board, they use his original conviction as
the reason to deny his parole application, completely in violation of
the law and despite his compellingly impressive clean prison record.

We plead to you today, because his next parole board hearing is coming
up June 2018 and Seth will be 69 years old. With your help we hope this
will be his last and final parole hearing. We pray that with your help
we can secure the legal resources necessary to fight on his behalf as
his health continues to deteriorate and we don’t believe he can get
better while in prison.

As some of you all may know, he has tremendous medical problems
including a heart condition and chronic diabetes which have caused
severe distress for him and cannot be treated effectively in the NY
State prison system. Seth experiences regular and routine 'code blues'
health crises where his blood sugars and insulin levels are not
manageable and have resulted in him passing out and falling. He’s now
experiencing nerve damage as well.  Although some efforts have been made
by the NYS DOCCS, the level of care Seth needs is only available on the
outside. Seth has just received a new insulin pump after the old one was
not working properly for months.  The blood sugar monitor was to be
installed about one month after the pump worked reliably, and that has
never happened.

We hope you agree, that it’s more than time for Seth to come home. Seth
is one of 10,000 people in the NY State prison system over the age of 50
that that pose little to no risk at all for recidivism.*His continued
incarceration is very much a risk to his life, as his diabetes cannot be
effectively treated inside and he needs to be with his family and the
community that loves him.*

      HOW YOU CAN HELP

We are also asking for donations to help cover the cost of the resources
we'll need to build a strong defense for Medical Parole and a Federal
Lawsuit.

Medical Parole

NY State law allows individuals to seek medical parole, for those
individuals who are either terminally ill or have conditions that
debilitate them and cannot be treated effectively in the context of
prison. Seth has applied for Medical Parole and funds raised will go
towards the resources needed to build a strong defense.

Federal Lawsuit

There is currently research being done to find a lawyer to file a
federal lawsuit against the NYS DOCCS regarding Seth's medical
treatment. Lawyers and funds will be needed for this effort.

Please Donate *HERE!
<https://www.generosity.com/fundraising/bring-seth-home--2>*

If you have any questions or want to support in other ways please reach
out to freesethhayes at gmail.com

Thank you for your support!

Myaisha and Crystal Hayes