[Pnews] Let’s fight hard to get Kevin Rashid Johnson out of Florida now!

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Tue Sep 26 18:28:32 EDT 2017

http://sfbayview.com/2017/09/lets-fight-hard-to-get-rashid-out-of-florida-now/

  Let’s fight hard to get Rashid out of Florida now!

September 26, 2017

*/by Keith ‘Malik’ Washington/*

Revolutionary greetings, Comrades!

Sisters and Brothers, I don’t know about you, but this entire state of
affairs concerning Comrade Rashid just is not sitting well with me.

Rashid uncovers the abuse and murder of prisoners in Texas and then the
state conspires with Florida DOC to place him in a worse place and in
harm’s way? Hell no! Why isn’t this story on the front page of the USA
Today? I mean, somebody must be willing to do an exposé detailing this
story. I’m extremely grateful for the Bay View but we can do more.

This is what I need to bring to your attention. For the past two and a
half years, Dr.  Heinz Leitner in Austria has been giving me detailed
updates about the Florida Department of Corrections. We have
specifically been following the case of a mentally ill Black man named
Darren Rainey, who was scalded to death
<https://diy.rootsaction.org/petitions/darren-rainey-was-tortured-and-killed-by-prison-guards-at-dade-correctional-institution-in-florida>.
This happened at Dade Correctional Mental Health Unit on June 23, 2012.

      Rashid uncovers the abuse and murder of prisoners in Texas and
      then the state conspires with Florida DOC to place him in a worse
      place and in harm’s way? Somebody must be willing to do an exposé
      detailing this story.

“Protect Our Leaders” is the name Rashid gave this artwork he created in
2007. Since then, his art and journalism having inspired people inside
and outside prison across the country, setting in motion revolutionary
movements, he amply deserves to be recognized as a leader. – Art: Kevin
“Rashid” Johnson

I became very interested in the story because not only was Rainey a
Black man, he was Muslim. I was further drawn in because a white male
prisoner named Harold Hempstead courageously came forward to tell the
truth how Mr. Rainey was scalded to death in the shower by Florida DOC
prison guards. The story is shocking!

Like Rashid, Harold Hempstead was punished for exposing torture and
abuse. An investigative reporter for the Miami Herald named Julie K.
Brown
<http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article20697375.html>
did an excellent job covering this story and I would venture to think
that she would be very interested in Rashid’s story.

The New Yorker did an exposé on Harold Hempstead entitled “Madness:
In Florida prisons, mentally ill inmates have been tortured, driven to
suicide and killed by guards
<https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/05/02/the-torturing-of-mentally-ill-prisoners>.”
Rashid deserves this type of coverage! Those human beings who were
killed at the Bill Clements Unit in Amarillo, Texas, deserve this type
of coverage! Prisoner Lives Matter!

Dare to struggle, dare to win.

All Power to the People!

Please contact my friend and comrade Kevin “Rashid” Johnson and if you
happen to be a journalist, please help us shed light on the
ultra-corrupt and immoral Texas Department of Criminal Justice. They are
telling the world a lie!

Contact: Kevin Johnson, 158039, FSP, P.O. Box 800, Raiford, FL 32083.

/And send our brother some love and light: Keith Washington, 1487958,
Eastham Unit, 2665 Prison Rd 1, Lovelady TX 75851./