[Pnews] Take action for Anti-Imperialist Political Prisoner Jaan Laaman

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Tue Sep 5 10:34:43 EDT 2017

LETTER FROM JAAN:

Sunday, August 20, 2017 #2

Dear Anne,

Hi. Hope these words are catching you doing positively. I received your
letter (of 7/21) a couple of weeks ago.

So yeah, my situation remains the same—“pending designation to CMU”. My
case is still in the Western BOP Regional Office. I think reaching out
to them with concern and more is what needs to be done. I mean most of
the time these prison bureaucrats get away with doing what they want—but
resisting their moves is necessary.

I am supposed to be getting a legal phone call with my local Guild
attorney this week sometime. I think the issues you raised about legal
action are something we will be discussing.

Yes, Anne, my situation—I mean getting thrown into seg and trying to
send me to a control unit for sending a eulogy for Lynne, is just a
blatant example of run-away abuse of government power. But of course the
BOP, and prison system(s) overall, are the most, for real, “police
state” institutions in the U.S.—well I’d probably throw ICE into that
camp, too.

Hey, speaking of prisons, I’m looking forward to hearing news on the
D.C. prison rally that happened yesterday. I do have my little radio
here in the cell, but did not hear anything on NPR—maybe something on
Democracy Now tomorrow. And speaking more on prison matters, I very much
support Jalil’s idea about international efforts.

And of course, always warm salutes and regards to Ralph and everyone. …

Yeah, I heard about Rashid’s move too—and all while ISIS terrorizes
Catalonia and Nazis in Virginia!

La Lucha Continua—for real!
Jaan

*How you can support Jaan:*

*Write/call/email the Bureau of Prisons and ask them to end the
repression against Jaan!*

Please write and call the Bureau of Prisons (BOP) officials below and
ask that Jaan:

1. Be released from segregation & placed back into general population
immediately.

2. That he not be moved to a Communication Management Unit or punished
further for exercising free speech.

3. Have his phone and email privileges be restored immediately.

Please remind them that Jaan is an elder prisoner, and you are concerned
about his health in segregation and you would be concerned about his
safety if he is moved to a Communication Management Unit.
Mary M. Mitchell, Regional Director
BOP Regional Office
7338 Shoreline Dr
Stockton, CA 95219