[Pnews] Herman Bell is back in General Population!

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Fri Oct 6 21:57:09 EDT 2017

Dear friends,

Thanks to a lot of work by a lot of us, Herman Bell has been transferred
to general population in Shawangunk C.F.

Herman was also informed that the charges against him are being dropped.
You can write Herman at the new address (bottom of the message).

Before Herman got the news he sent the following message to us:

September 27, 2017

My dear brothers and sisters,

Thank you for the outpouring of cards, letters, healing-love and energy
that you sent me in response to the unprovoked brutal assault on me by
NYS prison guards at Comstock, NY – avicious slap aside the head from
behind and shoved to the ground. I protected myself as best as I could.
I sustained multiple kicks, punches to the face and eyes, repeated head
slams into concrete, and 2 cracked ribs. They tried to bury me with
raining blows, not knowing that I am a seed.But the burning pepper spray
sprayed into my eyes and mouth is what did me in – and yet, here I am.

Now I know why visitors bring flowers and candy to the hospital. I was
immediately sent, however, not to a hospital but to the Box for “assault
on staff,” so the cards and letters and love you sent me were my flowers
and candy. You did great! I was astonished, not by the outpouring of
your support, but by the enormity of it.

People are coming together and are standing up. They are finding that
they are not entitled to the rights and freedoms they think they have as
americans. Instead of the consideration americans – many of them voters
– deserve, they are ignored by authoritarian and elected officials. They
lack healthcare, suffer from unrestrained police violence, mass
incarceration, lack a living wage,experience poverty and homelessness,
and suffer from a toxic environment. People are standing up against
these injustices, insisting that their demands be respected and
addressed. The social injustice, jackboot repression, racist attacks,
discrimination, wealth disparities, unemployment, lack of affordable
housing (the list doesn’t just end there), creates waves of fierce
discontent which ls gaining steady momentum, becoming a full-blown
cleansing tsunami, the force of which is irresistible.

And that force is you, *the **P**eople*, coming together and taking a
stand. My flowers and candy is your outpouring of support for me, our
political prisoners, the mass incarcerated and the voiceless.

To write each of you (I’ve literally received hundreds of letters) a
personal “thank you” at this time would be impossible. So, I send this
“thank you!” instead.

Thank you! I thank you deeply one and all for the empathy, outrage, love
and support you’ve expressed in the face of the assault on me. May our
resolve to produce social change remain unshakeable.

Herman

More details will follow soon. You can write Herman at this address.

Herman Bell
79C-0262
Shawangunk C.F.
P.O. Box 700