[Pnews] Update on political prisoner Veronza Bowers

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Fri Nov 10 10:52:38 EST 2017

http://www.veronza.org/Images/VeronzaStanding.jpg

November 3, 2017

Dear Friends/Supporters...

Here we are again and hopefully this will be the last time I will have
to call on you for contributions to my Legal Defense Fund. As you know,
we have had some successes in the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals. They
have ruled in our favor twice, but each time stopped short of ordering
my immediate release. My Freedom Team flew into Atlanta and argued my
case before them (Oral Arguments), for yet a third time during this past
summer. We now await their decision and it could come down any day,
literally.Of course, even though we are right by law, we don't know how
they will rule. However it turns out, we are prepared to continue until
I take my long overdue long walk to freedom.

On yet another battle front, most of you know that I was diagnosed as
having lymphoma (cancer of the lymph nodes).

I was transferred from USP Atlanta in June to the Federal Medical Center
in Butner, N.C. I've undergone six chemo therapy treatments.What a rough
journey that was!!!!But I made it!!!! The doctor had said that he was
very pleased with the way my body responded to the treatments and that
there has been a significant shrinkage of the tumors.Recently he said
that my cancer is in remission.I have to take a CAT scan and a CT scan
to make sure everything is all clear. What a relief!!!!

So, again I want to thank each and every one of you for your continued
love, support and generous financial contributions. Every time you've
been called upon, you haven’t hesitated to step up to the plate. Without
YOU...I can't imagine.

Thank you,

Veronza Bowers, Jr.

*/How is it possible for a citizen of the USA to:/**//**/1) Serve his
complete sentence under law;/**//**/2) Go through the entire parole
process having his release recommended at every stage and at each
hearing;/**//**/3) Have his release date rescinded four times at
literally, the very last minute; 4) Have the highest administrative
parole body in the nation vote on and fail to overturn his petition for
parole . . . and still be held in prison for years after this sentence
expired?/*

*/__________________________________________________________________________________________/*

Dear Friends and Supporters,

Hello, this is Rhonda Woodruff Jones.  I am Veronza’s youngest Sister. I
currently live in Phoenix, Arizona.  I hope you all are doing well.  So
much has transpired since my last update to you all in December 2016.  I
wanted to give you all an update and Veronza has also written a letter
to you that is attached.  Veronza was diagnosed with Lymphoma cancer
this summer.  He is no longer in Atlanta, Georgia.  He is now in Butner,
North Carolina receiving chemo treatments.  He has undergone 4
treatments and has responded well to the medication. Veronza met with
Dr. Carden a couple of days ago regarding his latest blood tests. Dr.
Carden informed him that the  results were "impeccable", and that his
lymphoma was in remission. Veronza was then moved to an area of the
hospital where the risk of serious infection would be mitigated.
Unfortunately, we are still waiting for results of recent CAT and CT
(computer tomograhy) scans as well as a ruling by the 11th Circuit Court
of Appeals regarding his habeas petition that was argued this past Spring.

Veronza’s new address is:

Veronza Bowers, Jr.  #35316-136

FMC Butner

PO Box 1600

Butner, NC 27509-1500

*_Update on Mr. Maynard Garfield_*

My brother Veronza (I call him Butch as his nickname) has asked that I
help in administering the Defense Fund on his behalf, as dear friend
Maynard Garfield has fallen ill and I just received word this week that
Garf has passed.  His daughter contacted me this week of the news.  I
ask that you please keep Garf’s memory close to your heart and that you
pray for comfort for the family.

*_Legal Defense Fund Donation Instructions:_*

I am a Certified Public Accountant, licensed in the state of Arizona.  I
am also the Assistant Treasurer at Oxford Life Insurance company
headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona.  I take my new role with Veronza’s
fund very seriously and will make sure all funds are accounted for spent
on Veronza’s legal expenses. I thank you in advance for supporting my
brother and any donation is greatly appreciated.  If you have any
questions, please contact me.  My social media account is under “Rhonda
Woodruff Jones” on Facebook /(I am a part time spin instructor, so you
will see me in my spin gear on Facebook) /or you can send me an email at
rwjones0217 at qwest.net <mailto:rwjones0217 at qwest.net>.

All of funds are held in a separate secure account at Wells Fargo Bank.
If you would like to donate, you can do so two ways:

*1.**Paypal*

Use the following email address to send donations:
veronzalegalfund at yahoo.com <mailto:veronzalegalfund at yahoo.com>. Funds
will be transferred directly to Veronza’s Wells Fargo Account

*2.**Donation via Check by Mail*

Please write checks to */Veronza Bowers Jr Legal Defense Fund/* and mail to:

Rhonda W. Jones

c/o Veronza Bowers Jr Legal Defense Fund

1304 E. Briarwood Terrace

Phoenix, AZ  85048

Rhonda will deposit all checks to Veronza’s Wells Fargo Account

Rhonda will send receipts to all donors.

Thank you for your support and I will continue to send updates to you
from Veronza.

Sincerely,

Rhonda Woodruff Jones

*//***