[Pnews] Leonard Peltier update - Lockdown at Coleman and other news

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Fri May 26 16:43:27 EDT 2017

  Hello, Friends!

Dear Friends,

Kari Ann and I wanted to update you on Leonard’s situation at Coleman
and the prison’s lockdown. The lockdown has been going on for over 3
weeks due to “gang activities” and will continue for the foreseeable
future according to prison officials. So we are back to the old ways of
communication, a letter!

Leonard says he is doing well and wants to let everyone know that he
appreciates your cards and letters. We have made arrangements for a
Florida lawyer to visit him and hopefully he will be able to finalize a
decision regarding his request for a transfer to a lower security
facility closer to his family. As soon as he puts in the request we will
let you know where and how to send letters of support for his request.

In the mean time we are working to re-build Leonard’s support base and
want to thank you for the wonderful letters of support for the office
that we have received.

We have a new t-shirt designed by Leonard that will be on our new sites
(which should be ready by early June) called LP Special Edition -$30.00
+s/h that you can order now.

If you are hosting a booth at a Pow Wow or fair and need merchandise
please let us know as soon as possible so we can be sure to get you the
merchandise in a timely manner.

Thank you again for your support Paulette & Kari Ann

Leonard Peltier
89637-132
USP Coleman 1
PO Box 1033