[Pnews] Palestine - the prisoners will to continue with the hunger strike until victory or death

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Mon May 15 11:12:48 EDT 2017

http://www.addameer.org/news/either-victory-or-martyrdom-karim-younes-wrote-his-letter

  "Either victory or martyrdom:" Karim Younes wrote in his letter

May 15, 2017

Karim Younes, known as “the Dean of Palestinian prisoners,” wrote a
letter emphasizing that the prisoners will to continue with the hunger
strike until victory or death, and despite repressive measures taken by
prison forces to break the will of hunger-striking prisoners and detainees.

Prisoner Younis also said in the letter that the prisoners informed the
Israeli Prison Service (IPS) administration that they are ready for
serious negotiations only, and not for any empty sessions or promises.

Mr. Younes added that the only body authorized to negotiate are the
leaders of the strike, and according to the standards set in the
beginning of the strike.

Full text of the letter:

/Our noble people,/

/From the cells of steadfastness, //freedom//and dignity in the
isolation section of Ramla Prison, we salute you and appeal to you
individually./

/We assure you of our steadfastness and determination to achieve victory
no matter how long the battle lasts./

/We assure the masses of our people that the news of their solidarity
and //support reach//us despite the isolation and siege, and we firmly
believe in the inevitability of victory no matter how fierce the battle
gets./

/While the prison authorities have used all forms of repressive measures
in order to break our will and subjugate us, these measures only
increased our determination to continue with the hunger strike./

/Representatives of the occupation intelligence services have tried to
hold false and futile negotiations with us aimed at breaking the hunger
strike in exchange for empty promises./

/That is why we have told them that we are ready for serious
negotiations only, and not for any empty meetings that aim at ending the
hunger strike. Therefore, we do not consider their previous attempts as
  negotiations, but a way of gaining time./

/We also assure that the only authority authorized to negotiate is
leaders of the strike and according to the criteria and principles that
it set before the beginning of the battle./

/Today, on the 28th day of the strike, we assure our people that our
steadfastness and firmness cannot be destabilized by any force./

/However, if the occupation authorities are depending on the factor of
time, we are the best at making time in our favor./

/Either victory or martyrdom./

/And nothing but victory .... because there is no life without dignity./

/Your brother Karim Yunus/

/Ayalon Prison – Ramla/