[Pnews] Solidarity Message of Filipino Political Prisoners to the Palestinian Political Prisoners on Hunger Strike

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Wed May 17 10:13:42 EDT 2017

http://samidoun.net/2017/05/solidarity-message-of-filipino-political-prisoners-to-the-palestinian-political-prisoners-on-hunger-strike/

  Solidarity Message of Filipino Political Prisoners to the Palestinian
  Political Prisoners on Hunger Strike

May 17, 2017

Samidoun Palestinian Prisoner Solidarity Network is honored to republish
the statement below, from Filipino political prisoners
<https://freeallpps.wordpress.com/> held in one of the most restrictive
prisons in the Philippines, Camp Bagong Diwa
<https://freeallpps.wordpress.com/tag/camp-bagong-diwa/>. These
prisoners of the national democratic movement in the Philippines are
expressing their solidarity behind bars to the over 1500 Palestinian
political prisoners – among a total of over 6300 Palestinian political
prisoners in Israeli jails – on hunger strike for freedom and dignity.

Like the message of Irish republican prisoners
<http://samidoun.net/2017/05/irish-republican-prisoners-statement-of-solidarity-with-palestinian-political-prisoners/>
to the hunger strikers, this statement sends a powerful message of
united struggle confronting colonialism, imperialism, Zionism,
exploitation and oppression everywhere in the world.  The political
prisoners of the Philippines are on the front lines of the people’s
movement fighting plunder, imperialist domination and brutal
exploitation of the land and wealth of the people of the Philippines.
  Their message of solidarity only underlines the internationalist
strength of the Palestinian cause and the importance of this hunger
strike not only to the Palestinian prisoners and people, but to
prisoners and people’s movements everywhere fighting repression and
struggling for freedom and dignity.

*Samidoun Palestinian Prisoner Solidarity Network salutes the political
prisoners in the Philippines and expresses our utmost solidarity with
their struggle for justice and liberation, and with the struggle of the
people of the Philippines for true democracy and national liberation. We
are honored to struggle together with the comrades of the people’s
movements of the Philippines, from the streets of New York City,
Vancouver, Amsterdam and around the world, to the international forum of
the International League of People’s Struggle. We urge the immediate
freedom of all political prisoners in the Philippines and raise our
voices together with the people’s movements of the Philippines and
Palestine to demand liberation of all political prisoners and to stand
together against imperialism, Zionism, exploitation and oppression.*

The prisoners’ statement follows:

*Solidarity Message of Filipino Political Prisoners in Camp Bagong Diwa,
Taguig City, Philippines to the Palestinian Political Prisoners on
Hunger Strike*
*May 17, 2017*

On behalf of all political prisoners in the Philippines, we salute and
pay tribute to the more than 1,500 Palestinian political prisoners, who
are on the 30th day of their hunger strike against repressive policies
and oppression by the Israeli and US government. We are one with you in
your aspirations for freedom and dignity, aspirations long denied to the
people of Palestine.

Your struggle is very similar to ours. Like you, we are victims of the
worst conditions in jails and the slow pace of justice in the
Philippines. We are also victims of injustice – we were illegally
arrested because of our political beliefs, we are charged with trumped
up cases, jailed or wrongly convicted to keep us behind bars for many years.

Your struggle for basic human rights such as the right to regular visits
of relatives, to timely and appropriate medical attention and services,
to continue studies and education while in prison, against solitary
confinement and illegal detention, are our struggle too. These are
rights denied of us, even while international laws exist to protect our
rights as detained persons.

Zionist Israel, which is the primary instrument of US imperialism
against the Palestinian peoples, has victimized thousands and millions
of your peoples. It has caused the denial of homes and lands to the
peoples of Palestine, using State terror and brutal wars to impose its
hegemony over the political, economic and social aspects of your life as
a people. But your continuing struggle is an inspiration to all
oppressed and struggling peoples of the world, including the Filipino
people who are fighting for national liberation and genuine democracy.

We applaud the support and solidarity extended by peoples all over the
world for your hunger strike. We are one with you in this struggle. We
will launch a sympathy fast, in solidarity with you, on May 20, 2017,
while solidarity street action will be conducted on May 17 by human
rights and people’s organizations in the Philippines. We express our
unwavering support for your struggle for freedom, as well as the
struggle of the Palestinian peoples.

*Free all political prisoners!*
*Long live the people of Palestine!*
*Long international solidarity! Long live all struggling peoples of the
world!*