[Pnews] California Survivors of long term solitary confinement petition for institutional restitution

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Mon Jul 31 12:20:00 EDT 2017

http://sfbayview.com/2017/07/survivors-of-long-term-solitary-confinement-petition-for-institutional-restitution/

  Survivors of long term solitary confinement petition for institutional
  restitution

July 30, 2017

To: CDCr Secretary Scott Kernan and Director Kathline Allison

From: Abdul Olugbala Shakur (aka J. Harvey, C48884) and Joka Heshima
Jinsai (aka S. Denham, J38283)

      *Petition for Institutional Restitution*

The following is what we believe to be just and fair and reasonable
requests considering the inhumane treatment that many of the prisoners
were being subjected to while housed in solitary confinement, or
isolation, for decades, especially at Pelican Bay State Prison and
Corcoran State Prison.

The Amerikan judicial system strongly believes in full restoration to
those who have been victimized unjustly, and being in prison does not
negate the rights of prisoners to receive restitution from a system that
committed crimes under the manufactured cloak of combating prison gangs.
Via the Ashker v. Governor settlement, the prisoner class proved their
case beyond a reasonable doubt. Even the judge in this matter strongly
recommended that the governor and CDCR settle this matter out of court.
We, the people, are 100 percent in support of the following request for
institutional restitution:

1.  While spending decades in SHU in solitary confinement, or isolation,
we were not allowed to participate in a number of educational,
vocational and/or self-help programs, and as a direct result, many of us
have been unable to meet the criteria for parole suitability – not as
part of Prop. 57. We are asking that CDCR override our points and send
us to either a Level I, II or III institution, where many of these
programs are available, thereby providing us with the opportunity to
prepare ourselves for the Board of Parole Hearings.

2.  Many of us, while in the SHU, received a number of questionable RVRs
(disciplinary reports) for allegedly engaging in gang activity. We are
seeking full credit restoration. Of course, this will be a case-by-case
application. (Note: This request is not part of Prop. 57.) This is
solely part of our request for restoration, regarding those RVRs we
received for allegedly participating in gang activity.

3.  The CDCR has identified at least 28 prisoners who had served 30
years or more in solitary confinement, or isolation, in SHU. One such
prisoner was Hugo Yogi Pinell, aka Dhariki Kambon. He was murdered
within months of his release from SHU.

CDCr just released us into general population, without any consideration
for the damage they have caused us, and then treated us like any other
prisoner, and we are not just any other prisoner. We are rare and
unique, in that we have just served 30 years or more in solitary
confinement.

We are requesting that those prisoners who have been subjected to both
psychological and physical torture, which includes sensory deprivation,
should be provided the option to be placed in an environment that would
facilitate their healing, such as San Quentin State Prison. This will be
part of their institutional restitution!

4.  The 28 prisoners who served 30 years or more in solitary confinement
should be given a parole date, for they meet the state and federal
low-risk assessment. For example, a) they are above the age of 50, and
b) they have served over 30 years of imprisonment. Their release would
pose no threat to society, according to your own data base!

<http://www.georgejacksonuniversity.com>,
www.concreteandsteelcoe.wordpress.com
<http://www.concreteandsteelcoe.wordpress.com>, www.bpppress.com
<http://www.bpppress.com>, www.freespeechsociety.org
<http://www.freespeechsociety.org> and www.insurectionistscollective.com
<http://www.insurectionistscollective.com>.

/Send our brothers some love and light: Abdul Olugbala Shakur (J.
Harvey), C48884, and Joka Heshima Jinsai (S. Denham), J38283, B-2-117,
P.O. Box 5102, Delano CA 93216./