[Pnews] Two Women Claim Responsibility for DAPL Fires and Valve Destruction

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Tue Jul 25 16:16:43 EDT 2017

http://earthfirstjournal.org/newswire/2017/07/24/two-women-claim-responsibility-for-dapl-fires-and-valve-destruction/

  Two Women Claim Responsibility for DAPL Fires and Valve Destruction

July 24, 2017

/by Jessica Reznicek and Ruby Montoya / shared by Mississippi Stand
<https://www.facebook.com/MississippiStandCamp/?hc_ref=ARReSZ5-pFNGu7NWo5OYl6Djv-KpPw97jQnFh99X5-NTAi4k7VpKFnt8dJv452lojuo&fref=nf>/

ANNOUNCED TODAY AT THE IOWA UTILITIES BOARD AT 10AM

This is our statement, we will be representing ourselves, as standby
counsel and immediate contact is federal attorney, Bill Quigley,
quigley77 at gmail.com, 504-710-3074. Media contact, Amber Mae,
618-334-6035, amber at earthdefensecoalition.com; Melissa Fuller 515-490-5705.

The Dakota Access Pipeline is an issue that affects this entire nation
and the people that are subject to its rule. With DAPL we have seen
incredible issues regarding the rule of law, indigenous sovereignty,
land seizures, state sanctioned brutality, as well as corporate
protections and pardons for their wrongdoings. To all those that
continue to be subjected to the government’s injustices, we humbly stand
with you, and we ask now that you stand with us.

Federal courts gave corporations permission to lie and withhold
information from the public resulting in a complete media blackout. So,
after recently being called by the Intercept, an independent media
outlet, regarding illegal surveillance by the Dakota Access Pipeline and
their goons, we viewed this as an opportunity to encourage public
discourse surrounding nonviolent direct action as well as exposing the
inadequacies of the government and the corporations they protect.

After having explored and exhausted all avenues of process, including
attending public commentary hearings, gathering signatures for valid
requests for Environmental Impact Statements, participating in Civil
Disobedience, hunger strikes, marches and rallies, boycotts and
encampments, we saw the clear deficiencies of our government to hear the
people’s demands.

Instead, the courts and public officials allowed these corporations to
steal permissions from landowners and brutalize the land, water, and
people. Our conclusion is that the system is broken and it is up to us
as a individuals to take peaceful action and remedy it, and this we did,
out of necessity.

We acted for our children and the world that they are inheriting is
unfit. There are over five major bodies of water here in Iowa, and none
of them are clean because of corporation’s flagrant irresponsibility,
and now another wishes to poison literally millions of us irreparably by
putting us all at risk of another major catastrophe with yet another oil
spill. DAPL has already leaked, and it will continue do so until the oil
is shut off and the pipes are removed from the ground.

On elecion night 2016, we began our peaceful direct action campaign to a
Dakota Access construction site and burned at least 5 pieces of heavy
machinery in Buena Vista County, IA. Details regarding this action are
attached to this statement below. This was information which was not
shared with the public. We recognize that our action wasn’t much, but we
at least stopped construction for a day at that particular site.

We then began to research the tools necessary to pierce through 5/8 inch
steel pipe, the material used for this pipeline. In March we began to
apply this self-gathered information. We began in Mahaska County, IA,
using oxy-acetylene cutting torches to pierce through exposed, empty
steel valves, successfully delaying completion of the pipeline for
weeks. After the success of this peaceful action, we began to use this
tactic up and down the pipeline, throughout Iowa (and a part of South
Dakota), moving from valve to valve until running out of supplies, and
continuing to stop the completion of this project. More information on
these actions is followed at the end of this statement.

These actions of great public interest were hardly reported and the
federal government and Energy Transfer Partners colluded together to lie
and withhold vital information to the public.

We then returned to arsonry as a tactic. Using tires and gasoline-soaked
rags we burned multiple valve sites, their electrical units, as well as
additional heavy equipment located on DAPL easements throughout Iowa,
further halting construction.

Later, in the first week of May we attempted yet again to pierce a valve
located in Wapallo County, IA with an oxy-acetylene cutting torch. It
was at this time we discovered oil was flowing through the pipe. This
was beyond disheartening to us, as well as to the nation at large. This
event was again hidden from the public and replaced with lies about
“ditch depressions”.
http://www.ottumwacourier.com/…/article_dc06b27c-3516-11e7-…
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ottumwacourier.com%2Fnews%2Fisg-county-s-pipeline-issues-minor%2Farticle_dc06b27c-3516-11e7-b2b6-131cb4cdc0ae.html&h=ATOeawlrP7T56yAoHwfph90h0PkEqbbo3EWuAyNEOuPRuB0yWPsFmS93-hOFPLZOSp4AoZIhBsNNcohBvgLaF8xOnbb1d_2hc-k0ZuTZwxMor9TdPSdFy5voeku4U8QmmwSlt2i90NH8n_Z_fWYugw&enc=AZMjjw25ZtJul5neEoPL234KCvutcgl61EDNTQnvWf_7e9ywqHQ-0E7j1qgrMRp4Y5EpiiqgAo3W8hFwdndU6daYogQeqLOo8JneF71rqs_ypFDZE4fLhOBYW82Krhfx0OsMCZuByTx65x9Zjb0A76d2gggG7MVvmlusYYgPwphwtHB1MK_mh22VdDJTBMZZk7eMlGiUhHT5NwmbAEPBESPI&s=1>

We stand here now today as witnesses of peaceful, nonviolent direct
action. Our actions have been those of necessity and humility. We feel
we have done nothing to be ashamed of. For some reason the courts and
ruling government value corporate property and profit over our inherent
human rights to clean water and land.

We are speaking publicly to empower others to act boldly, with purity of
heart, to dismantle the infrastructures which deny us our rights to
water, land and liberty. We as civilians have seen the repeated failures
of the government and it is our duty to act with responsibility and
integrity, risking our own liberty for the sovereignty of us all.

Some may view these actions as violent, but be not mistaken. We acted
from our hearts and never threatened human life nor personal property.
What we did do was fight a private corporation that has run rampantly
across our country seizing land and polluting our nation’s water supply.
You may not agree with our tactics, but you can clearly see the
necessity of them in light of the broken federal government and the
corporations they protect.

We do not anticipate a fair trial but do expect our loved ones to
undergo harassment from the federal government and the corporations they
protect. We urge you to not speak one word to the federal government and
stand firm in order to not be oppressed further into making false, but
self-incriminating statements. Film these interactions. There are
resources as what to do if the federal agents appear at your doorstep,
educate and protect yourself.
https://ccrjustice.org/…/a…/files/CCR_If_An_Agent_Knocks.pdf
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fccrjustice.org%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Fassets%2Ffiles%2FCCR_If_An_Agent_Knocks.pdf&h=ATN7R02N7DctXnzNVWW_T6txPNF0n5S7wrU8yynXEfqn-c56sRS0iwQXdtdiSkwY0vZPXz0BkxQvAO-iF_XyDlmtUxaKEQZesS2LlxKsDyoPwZFRdPtYdwaMI93dfmpDbQY1bo0Es0eudm5FO8YZoA&enc=AZPWJqWByDQ09MwRUZgZBNhcQ6mFKSmt8LlWzo2Li8sdLdeHyglfdTImRxjaiGX0ZnCZTYFnJAbnh27OiZQfFYoIH92vmDLdIwIty38Hzhp7JfhTMcr4ouyICPTujmV0Ved8BRuHsgv_yd4reJWjaftyuacNPq4kfETHKlWn4yMjHKnWnu8Lyiqg5LulgV3L_fDfNl2p2ITwI8iwAmj9k8ng&s=1>
It is unfortunate to have to prepare for such things, but this is the
government that rules, which continues to look more and more like a
Nazi, fascist Germany as each day passes. We salute the people.

Details of our peaceful direct action are as follows. We hope this
information helps inspire others to act boldly and peacefully, and to
ease any anxieties to perceptions held that the state and these
corporations are somehow an “omniscient” and “undefeatable” entity.

After studying intuitively how fires work, and the material of the
infrastructures which we wished to halt (metal) we learned that the fire
had to be hot enough to melt steel — and we have learned typical arsonry
is not allows the most effective means, but every action is a thorn in
their side.

On election night, knowing that gasoline burns quickly, but does not
sustain by itself, we added motor oil (which burns at a higher
temperature and for longer) and rags to coffee canisters and placed them
on the seats of the machinery, piercing the coffee canisters once they
were in place and striking several matches, anticipating that the seats
would burn and maintain a fire long enough to make the machines
obsolete. One canister did not light, and that is unfortunate, but five
out of six ain’t bad.

As we saw construction continue, we realized that pipe was going into
the ground and that our only means to obstruct further corporate
desecration was somehow to pierce through the empty steel pipes exposed
at the numerous valve sites. We learned that a welding torch using
oxygen and acetylene was the proper tool. We bought the equipment
outside of our city in efforts to maintain anonymity as our goal was to
push this corporation beyond their means to eventually abandon the
project. We bought kits at Home Depot and the tanks at welding supply
stores, like Praxair and Mathesons. Having no experience with welding
equipment before, we learned through our own volition and we were able
to get the job down to 7 minutes.
http://earthfirstjournal.org/…/sites/3/2017/03/burntdapl.png
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fearthfirstjournal.org%2Fnewswire%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F3%2F2017%2F03%2Fburntdapl.png&h=ATNIo26u5Tcyk5OMEDEJ83HauVoyGZS0wneDRjQvZ5Kg-99SSLES6rSluOdmen5ZP_D50Vpc4eV4uDc0Ti3gGm7D9hgrrPe8preZne3l5DDoIuPjTx3nFacRAkHs21ycseZGDty1ZxqgdtQOl51rSg&enc=AZMp5hYZjx-lrTxCOV56Vn_ElKKAYX_LUtksU-y_0mpOpNUSE3AYGGHpN5IHA371hnHHNMUlR8m1w8sfRX8FITLSW50Z92LiF38Rn5br3Rjp1aObzTGqjiYiSdOSsYy0YlGZ_65vrvmS8DRdMR3RmitiJyHdXJxWeq4tsqR07jx4FedN3MbFoxgdrK7quWY4ToV0uAgxSkxKksgdiZk06QOy&s=1>

In our particular circumstances, we learned that scouting often hindered
our ability to act in windows of opportunity. So, we went with our
torches and protective gear on, and found numerous sites, feeling out
the “vibe” of each situation, and deciding to act then and there, often
in broad daylight. Trust your spirit, trust the signs.

Having run out of supplies (the tanks) we decided to return to arsonry
because every action counts. We used gasoline and rags along with tires
(as tires burn a nice while, once a steady fire within them burns) to
multiple DAPL sites and equipment.

We were able to get more supplies shortly after and returned to a valve
site in Wapello County to act again. It was then we discovered that oil
was flowing through the pipeline. This was not reported to the public,
instead a story of “ditch depressions” was reported to the public in
Wapello County as the reason to why the pipeline continued to be delayed.

It is because of these lies we choose to come out publicly, to set the
record straight, and be open about these peaceful and viable tactics
against corporate atrocities.

If there are any regrets, it is that we did not act enough.

Please support and stand with us in this journey because we all need
this pipeline stopped.

Water is Life, oil is death.

Jessica Reznicek and Ruby Montoya