[Pnews] Palestinian Prisoners’ Movement statement: All Palestinian prisoners are part of Bilal Kayed’s battle for freedom

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Tue Jul 12 10:18:07 EDT 2016

http://samidoun.net/2016/07/palestinian-prisoners-movement-statement-all-palestinian-prisoners-are-part-of-bilal-kayeds-battle-for-freedom/

  Palestinian Prisoners’ Movement statement: All Palestinian prisoners
  are part of Bilal Kayed’s battle for freedom

July 12, 2016

The Palestinian prisoners’ movement – comprising all the major
Palestinian political parties and factions whose members are imprisoned
in Israeli jails – issued a statement on Tuesday, 12 July, pledging full
support to imprisoned Palestinian hunger striker Bilal Kayed
<http://samidoun.net/2016/07/bilal-kayed-to-be-transferred-to-hospital-as-health-condition-deteriorates-struggle-grows-inside-and-outside-prison/>,
as he enters his 28th day of hunger strike. The statement is signed by
the National and Islamic Forces in Israeli prisons – Fateh, Hamas,
Islamic Jihad, the PFLP and the DFLP.

Kayed, who has been slated for transfer for hospital, had a legal visit
with Farah Bayadsi of Addameer
<http://www.addameer.org/ar/news/%D8%A8%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%84-%D9%83%D8%A7%D9%8A%D8%AF-%D9%85%D8%B3%D8%AA%D9%85%D8%B1-%D9%81%D9%8A-%D8%A5%D8%B6%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%A8%D9%87-%D8%B1%D8%BA%D9%85-%D8%AA%D8%AF%D9%87%D9%88%D8%B1-%D9%88%D8%B6%D8%B9%D9%87-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B5%D8%AD%D9%8A>yesterday,
11 July, as he is held in isolation in Ashkelon prison; his health
continues to be precarious, he has lost large amounts of weight, and he
suffers from dizziness, fatigue and insomnia. A hearing on the appeal of
his administrative detention is scheduled for Thursday, 14 July.

The statement comes as repressive forces stormed sections of prisoners
<http://asravoice.ps/post/3528/%D8%A7%D9%82%D8%AA%D8%AD%D8%A7%D9%85-%D9%82%D8%B3%D9%85-%287%29-%D9%81%D9%8A-%D8%B3%D8%AC%D9%86-%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%85%D9%88%D9%86>
belonging to the leftist Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine,
Kayed’s party, in Ramon prison on Tuesday, 12 June and began moving PFLP
prisoners to unknown locations, as well as the imposition of sanctions
on PFLP prisoners in all prisons.

Kayed has been on hunger strike since 15 June, demanding freedom from
administrative detention without charge or trial. He completed a
14.5-year sentence in Israeli prison on 13 June – yet instead of being
released, Kayed was instead ordered to six months administrative
detention. Administrative detention orders are indefinitely renewable,
issued on the basis of secret evidence. Kayed is among 750 Palestinians
held without charge or trial, and 7000 total Palestinian prisoners in
Israeli jails. International protests are taking plac
<http://samidoun.net/2016/07/8-15-july-call-to-action-to-free-bilal-kayed-and-commemorate-ghassan-kanafani/>e
around the world this week demanding Kayed’s freedom
<http://samidoun.net/2016/07/prisoners-step-up-protests-as-international-week-of-action-begins-for-bilal-kayeds-freedom/>
and supporting his strike.

/*The full statement from the Palestinian Prisoners’ Movement follows
below:*/

In the name of God, the most merciful

A statement issued by the prisoners in Israeli jails

Bilal Kayed and his comrades’ struggle – The prisoners’ movement will
not stand by silently

To the valiant masses of the Palestinian people –

At this time when the battle of the captured struggler Bilal Kayed, on
open-ended hunger strike, continues in order to obtain his freedom; amid
pressure and abuse against the comrades in the Popular Front for the
Liberation of Palestine for their support for their comrade Bilal Kayed
and actions of solidarity; as statements escalate by some Zionist
leaders with incitement against the prisoners, calling for the stripping
of their rights and achievements in order to appease the families of
captured soldiers in the Gaza Strip and to advance the internal
political calculations of Zionist leaders and outflank each other by
pressing on what they believe to be the weakest link, the prisoners….

In this context, we as the national and Islamic factions in the arena of
imprisonment, emphasize the following:

First, the Israeli Prison Service’s belief, alongside that of the
security and political establishment of Zionism, that the prisoners’
movement is the weakest link in the equation of the conflict, is a
complete misconception. They must review their accounts, as they are
well aware that the history of the prisoners’ movement is full of
accomplishments and sacrifices. All of our rights and achievements in
the prisons did not come by the generosity of the enemy, but was
extracted as a result of enormous sacrifices by the prisoners’ movement
throughout its long history in defense of their rights, dignity and
humanity.

Second, we salute the captive hero Bilal Kayed, the son of the
prisoners’ movement and one of its leaders, who is engaged in the battle
of an open-ended hunger strike for nearly one month. We express our full
solidarity with him, and we stand by his side in his legitimate right to
immediate freedom. We stand alongside our comrades and our brothers in
the PFLP who are engaged in steps of solidarity with the struggling
Bilal Kayed. We warn the Prison Service that this battle is the battle
of the prisoners’ movement as a whole. We will not abandon Bilal and his
comrades, and we will not accept the continuing pressure on him and his
comrades, and will not stand idly by.

Third, we call on the masses of our people in struggle and prominent
figures to continue in public events and media support for the prisoners
and their rights in general, and in support of the battle of the
prisoner Bilal Kayed in particular. This is a national issue and an
exceptional issue, and we must all stop the schemes aimed at revenge
against the prisoners, especially the leaders and their families through
the renewal of their detention under security pretexts. There is a
serious threat that this will become the rule and the policy practiced
by the enemy against all the prisoners, which would be damaging to our
rights to freedom and dignity.

Fourth, we call upon the Palestinian Authority and the Prisoners’
Affairs Commission, and all national, legal and human rights
organizations to raise the issue of the Palestinian prisoners at the
International Criminal Court, the UN Human Rights Council, and the
United Nations, in order to prosecute the occupation, and to expose its
practices and daily violations of the rights of prisoners in Israeli jails.

To the valiant masses of the Palestinian people –

 From the heart of our suffering, from the squares and homes of our
families, we send our greetings to you, we squeeze your hands and
applaud your efforts and struggles and sacrifices. We join our voices
and call for an end to division and the restoration of national unity as
a necessary condition for defeating the occupation on our land and
achieving our national goals.

Glory and eternity to the martyrs and freedom for our resisting people.
Shame and defeat to occupation.

The brothers, comrades, and strugglers
Palestinian prisoners’ movement in Israeli jails

Palestinian National Liberation Movement “Fateh”
Islamic Resistance Movement “Hamas”
Islamic Jihad
Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine
Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine