[Pnews] Take Action: Political Prisoner Zolo Azania Denied Work Release!

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Fri Jan 29 11:17:56 EST 2016

Take Action: Zolo Azania Denied Work Release!

Dear Friends,

In February 2017, political prisoner Zolo Azania will finally be
released from prison. He will have served 35 years, 27 were on death
row. During his final year inside, Zolo wants to participate in the
Indiana Dept. of Corrections (IDOC) Work Release Program.

As he says: “I want to be moved into some type of viable program so that
I can gain additional life skills in preparation for my re-entry into
the community.”

The IDOC should grant Work Release to Zolo based on the person he is
today, his record of good behavior, his re-entry needs, and Indiana’s
commitment to rehabilitation. However, the IDOC has denied Work Release
for Zolo, apparently based on the fact that he was convicted of
murder--34 years ago. *The IDOC ‘s denial of access to Work Release for
Zolo is unfair and unwarranted!*

*PLEASE CALL, EMAIL OR WRITE TO COMMISSIONER BRUCE LEMMON, INDIANA
DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS AND SAY:*

**

(1)Offer Zolo the kind of re-entry plan he deserves: Work Release (WR)

(2)After 34 years Zolo needs WR to gain skills and money necessary for
re-entry

(3) Zolo is a model prisoner and has shown a commitment to better himself

(4) Evaluate Zolo based on who he is today, not on his 34-year old
conviction

*COMMISSIONER BRUCE LEMMON*

*Phone: 317-232-5711*

*Address: 302 W. Washington St. Room E-334*

*Indianapolis, Indiana 46204*

*Email: **blemmon at idoc.in.gov* <mailto:blemmon at idoc.in.gov>**

**

Access a form letter *(see attached)* you can email or sign and send in
at zoloazania.org**

**

To help us keep track of the progress of the campaign, please tell us
you contacted Mr. Lemmon. Message us at:
facebook.com/freeblackpoliticalprisoners; or zoloazania.org; or call
773-425-6716.

For more info contact us at the above facebook page, website, or phone
number.

Let’s Win This For Zolo!

Thank You,

Chicago Committee to Free Black Political Prisoners