[Pnews] Prepare for #Justice4Rasmea social media campaign this Wed, Jan 27!

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Tue Jan 26 10:39:47 EST 2016

Resources forWednesday, January 27: Join social media day of action for
#Justice4Rasmea
<http://justice4rasmea.org/news/2016/01/25/resources-for-social-media-day-of-action/>

Join the Rasmea Defense Committee for a social media campaign Wednesday,
January 27, 2016, in support of Palestinian American icon, Rasmea Odeh!A
decision is expected any day in Rasmea's appeal of her unjust conviction
for Unlawful Procurement of Naturalization.

Participate on Twitter and Facebook on Wednesday, January 27th, using
these sample tweets, hashtags, articles, memes, and other resources
<http://justice4rasmea.tumblr.com/>. Rasmea has dedicated her life to
the cause of a #FreePalestine and to Arab communities across the world,
including the past 12 years in Chicago.So we must continue to dedicate
our organizing to win #Justice4Rasmea.

*_How to participate:_*

Help us spread the word about Rasmea on every social media platform
you’re on!

1.Twitter: Follow @Justice4Rasmea, re-tweet our messages, and tweet your
own (based on our resource guide <http://justice4rasmea.tumblr.com/>)
throughout the day.

_Promos to send before Wednesday:_

Join the #Justice4Rasmea social media campaign Wednesday, January 27!
Resources here: http://justice4rasmea.tumblr.com/

Why is Palestinian icon
facing<https://twitter.com/TheJusticeDept>@TheJusticeDept
<https://twitter.com/TheJusticeDept> repression? Tweet & post on FB Wed,
Jan 27. #Justice4Rasmea http://justice4rasmea.tumblr.com/

2.Facebook: Like and follow us at
http://www.fb.com/Free-Rasmea-Now-678264732186412

3.The resource page is at http://justice4rasmea.tumblr.com/, where there
will be images and text that you can share on whatever social media you
are using. Make sure to include the #Justice4Rasmea hashtag.

4.Go to www.justice4rasmea.org <http://www.justice4rasmea.org> for more
information.

5.Prepare your city, organization, and / or campus for our Emergency
Response Plan:

Although we are confident that we will win the appeal and have the
conviction overturned, there is a chance—as we reported right before the
end of 2015
<http://justice4rasmea.org/news/2015/12/29/thank-you-for-your-support/>—that
the appellate court will uphold the conviction, ruling in favor of the
government. If that happens, it is very likely that Rasmea will be
ordered to turn herself in to federal prison authorities, while we
petition to keep her out on bail.

If this worst-case scenario decision comes down *BEFORE 12 NOON*, and
Rasmea is ordered to prison, we are calling for protests the *VERY SAME
DAY at 5 PM* at federal buildings across the country.

If the decision comes down *AFTER 12 NOON*, we are calling for protests
the *NEXT DAY at 5 PM*.

Allies and supporters across the world will also be participating in the
emergency response by protesting at U.S. consulates and embassies
everywhere.

Rasmea Defense Committee <http://justice4rasmea.org/defense-committee/>
Coalition to Protect People's Rights
USPCN-Chicago <http://www.uspcn.org>