[Pnews] NY - Jan 17 - 20th Anniversary Freedom Fighter Tribute!

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Mon Jan 4 14:51:46 EST 2016

THE MALCOLM X COMMEMORATION COMMITTEE
PO BOX 380-122, Brooklyn, NY 11238,
718-512-5008 <tel:718-512-5008>, MXCC519 at Verizon.net

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE!
*MALCOLMITES ANNOUNCE 20^TH ANNIV OF ANNUAL FREEDOM FIGHTERS TRIBUTE!*
**
On *Sunday, January 17^th *, the Malcolm X Commemoration Committee will
host its 20^th anniversary of their endearing annual tribute to Black
Political Prisoners and their Families!
This moving event will place at the Martin Luther King Jr., 1199 Labor
Center, located at 310 West 43^rd Street in Manhattan. The event is from
3-7pm with dinner served promptly at 4pm.
The theme of this milestone event is “800 Years: Legacy, Commitment,
Sacrifice, Honoring Our Captive Black Freedom Fighters!”
This incredible event will be highlighted by special guest speakers
Sekou Odinga and Lynne Stewart, both recently released freedom fighters!
Odinga, a veteran of the Black Panther Party and the Black Liberation
Army, endured 33 years in the NY prison system. Stewart, a brave and
much beloved people’s lawyer, nearly died in prison from breast cancer,
but was released as a consequence of a mass medically compassionate
release campaign.
“While we are proud to have reached this milestone with a consistency of
effort that our freedom fighters’ and their families appreciate with our
20^th anniversary dinner tribute, we must underscore that the challenge
of our commitment is a consequence of the insidious nature of this
issue,” explained a guardedly passionate Dequi Kioni-Sadiki, the
organization’s chair.
“It is underscored by the fact that the overwhelmingly majority of our
freedom fighters, after 20, 30, and 40 years, are still in captivity,”
she finished.
Zayid Muhammad, the organization’s press officer and last surviving
founding member, echoed those sentiments.
“20 years of solid consistent work is one thing,” he said.
“But our freedom fighters enduring over 800 years of captivity, over 800
years of captivity, is something else.
“We continue to insist that our freedom fighters are Malcolm’s
tragically still ‘hidden legacy’ and that it is time that this
government’s dirty political prisoner secret be put on blast before the
world,” he finished pointedly.
Two powerful young artists will also perform at this moving event.
Hailing all the way from New Orleans is soulful songstress Mykia Jovan,
and no stranger to support for Black freedom fighters is spoken word
artist Verbal Artisan, straight out of the Bronx!
TIckets for this moving event are $40 in advance and $45 at the door.
Validated parking will be available. Advance purchases can be made by
making checks payable to The Malcolm X Commemoration Committee at the
above referenced address…
For more information about the Malcolm X Commemoration Committee, please
call 718 512 5008 <tel:718%20512%205008> or by email mxcc519 at verizon.net
<mailto:mxcc519 at verizon.net>. ‘Like’ us on Facebook…
#