[Pnews] Twitter Storm to Support Political Prisoner Jalil Muntaqim Wed., Dec 14

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Mon Dec 12 10:06:14 EST 2016

Greetings,

Political Prisoner Jalil Muntaqim has been in the SHU since December 6th
for teaching Black History - a course approved by the administration.
He's taught Black History for almost 2 months, now teaching about the
1960’s, anti-Vietnam War movement and the Black Panther Party. We
believe Jalil was written up because the authorities didn’t like what he
was teaching, so he was placed in the SHU with 5 charges. This is part
of an ongoing program to censor Jalil which escalated this year after he
beat charges for writing a letter to an outside organization and was
denied newspapers from the outside. Jalil would like support and is
asking that we get the word out by focusing on a Twitter Storm this
Wednesday December 14^th to Governor Cuomo - directions follow.

  TWITTER STORM FOR JALIL MUNTAQIM
  WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2016

In addition to appealing this latest parole denial, Jalil has also
submitted a request to Governor Cuomo for commutation of sentence to
time served.

*Tweet the following message to Governor Cuomo:
@NYGovCuomo

I add my voice to demand: Commutation of sentence for Anthony Jalil
Bottom #77A4283 NOW! #clemency4jalil*

Ask your friends, family, co-workers, church members, classmates or
union members, to support this campaign! United our voices can make
freedom happen!

*If you don’t tweet, call the governor at: 1-518-474-8390 <tel:15184748390>

or write the governor at:
The Honorable Andrew M. Cuomo
Governor of New York State
NYS State Capitol Building
Albany, NY 12224*

Since Jalil is on some kind of mailwatch, he needs to receive as many
letters and cards as possible. Write to Jalil:

Anthony Jalil Bottom #77A4283
Attica Correctional Facility
P.O. Box 149
Attica, New York 14011-0149