[Pnews] 2017 Certain Days: Freedom for Political Prisoners Calendar is now available for pre-order

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Mon Aug 29 10:58:53 EDT 2016

The Certain Days: Freedom for Political Prisoners Calendar is a joint
fundraising and educational project between outside organizers in
Montreal, Toronto, and New York, in partnership with three political
prisoners being held in maximum-security prisons in New York State:
David Gilbert, Robert Seth Hayes and Herman Bell.

**For orders of 1-9* copies ($12 each): see
https://www.leftwingbooks.net/book/content/certain-days-calendar-2017
<https://www.leftwingbooks.net/book/content/certain-days-calendar-2017>

**For bulk orders of 10 or more copies *($8 each): see
http://www.certaindays.org/?q=welcome
<http://www.certaindays.org/?q=welcome>
/
Your group can buy 10 or more for the rate of $8 each and then sell them
for $12, keeping the difference for your organization. Many campaigns,
infoshops and projects do this as a way of raising funds and spreading
awareness about political prisoners. /

Inline image 1

This year’s theme is /Sustaining Movements/, and features art and
writings by Farha Najah, Sekou Odinga, David Gilbert, Daniel McGowan,
Oscar Lopez Rivera, Sophia Dawson, Chris Dixon, Emory Douglas, Laura
Whitehorn, Mumia Abu-Jamal, Xinachtli, Micah Bazant, Capital Area
Against Mass Incarceration, South Asian Women’s Community Centre,
Mazatl, Marius Mason, Eric King, Kevin “Rashid” Johnson, Jennifer
Meeropol, Leonard Peltier, Amanda Priebe, the Termite Collective, Ali
Cat Leeds and more.

The proceeds from Certain Days 2017 will be divided among these groups:
Addameer Prisoners Support and Human Rights Association (Palestine),
Release Aging People in Prison (RAPP) and the Unist'ot'en camp.

Our calendar project was suggested by Herman in 2001, and has been
shaped throughout the years by all of our ideas, discussions, and
analysis. All of the current members of the outside collective are
grounded in day to day organizing work other than the calendar, on
issues ranging from migrant justice to community media to prisoner
solidarity. We work from an anti-imperialist, anti-racist,
anti-capitalist, feminist, queer- and trans-liberationist position.

And if you are in NYC, be sure to come out to our Calendar Launch Party on
November 12th, Interference Archive, 7pm. More details at
https://www.facebook.com/events/631708823654677
<https://www.facebook.com/events/631708823654677>

Thanks,
The Certain Days collective