[Pnews] Good men, not worst of the worst - The Agreement to End Hostilities

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Wed Sep 23 12:06:20 EDT 2015

    Good men, not worst of the worst
    <http://sfbayview.com/2015/09/good-men-not-worst-of-the-worst/>

September 22, 2015
*http://sfbayview.com/2015/09/good-men-not-worst-of-the-worst/*

*/by Johnny Aguilar/*

We are coming up on three years since the End of All Hostilities with
all races has been implemented. I am feeling mighty proud for this
historic mark in history that has no doubt seized the moment and put an
end to more than 20-30 years of hostilities between different groups.

I had the honor to be amongst the prestigious class of good men of all
walks of life during the historic hunger strike in 2013. In August of
2013, after being released from the ASU (hole), I arrived at Pelican Bay
B-yard and collectively we all submitted 602s (administrative appeals,
or complaints) on behalf of people of each race wrongly being given 115s
(notices of serious rules violation, write-ups) by Pelican Bay staff
when they were handing them out like sweepstakes tickets.

I was placed on an add list to Calipatria State Prison. I arrived at
Calipatria on Oct. 28, 2013, only for the prison to go on lockdown in
December 2013 and again in February 2014. Then when he came off
lockdown, a collective of good people came together and started to
really push the Agreement to End Hostilities at Calipatria.

Setting aside the few hick-ups, all in all we started to see the
positive results and the major positive effects that were evolving. We
also started to see that despite CDC’s tactics, their ASUs
(Administrative Segregation Units) were no longer being flooded. For 11
months we diligently kept the peace and honored the collective agreement
that was set in stone for the betterment of all people, all classes, all
groups and all parties.

Now I’ve been sent to a 180 design maximum prison here at High Desert
State Prison’s D upper yard in general population. High Desert opened up
the upper yard, which was previously Ad-Seg overflow. Currently Blocks
5, 6 and 7 are mainline and we’re awaiting Block 8 to be opened for a
mainline program. So the general population yards can be filled with
plenty of those still in the SHUs in Pelican Bay, Tehachapi and Corcoran.

For a few weeks now, I’ve been seeing people from all walks of life and
groups observing the Agreement to End Hostilities. Walking together,
going to school together, working together, going to visiting together,
carrying on conversations, respecting one another. It is really good to
see such peace and such positive actions.

What CDC could not do in 20-30 years, these brave men in the Short
Corridor prison collectives accomplished in just a short period of three
years. Yet CDC continues to label them “worst of the worst.” That’s
complete bullsh-t!

These are human beings, human lives, yet CDC chooses to ignore the
psychological trauma involved. They continue to house them in suffering,
inhumane, deplorable conditions.

We will continue to stand up for human lives because these brave men in
the class action lawsuit, locked away in all the SHUs and ASUs across
the state, every man and woman in solitary confinement – all of us are
created equal. We will continue resisting the bad policies and guard
terrorism that are only meant to hurt us. This is real lives we are
talking about, human retaliation issues, human rights, as well as racial
profiling issues under false pretense with their STG (Security Threat
Group) policy that is only widening the net for more abusive gang
validations (being labeled a gang member or associate – a ticket to
solitary confinement).

We will stand up and defend ideas of positive social reform that will be
beneficial to us all as a whole class. The irony here is good men are
creating better environments for us. Stop labeling these good men “worst
of the worst”!

      What CDC could not do in 20-30 years, these brave men in the Short
      Corridor prison collectives accomplished in just a short period of
      three years. Yet CDC continues to label them “worst of the worst.”
      That’s complete bullsh-t!

The Agreement to End Hostilities means no more group conflict. That and
many more ideas and policies CDC needs to try and learn from the Short
Corridor Collectives at Pelican Bay, Tehachapi and Corcoran SHUs. This
is a movement I will continue to be in ‘til death.

In solidarity, in respect

/Send our brother some love and light: Johnny Aguilar, AF-8730, High
Desert State Prison, D5-232, P.O. Box 3030, Susanville, CA 96127. /