[Pnews] 71st birthday of US Indigenous political prisoner Leonard Peltier: Freedom Now!

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Mon Sep 14 11:08:52 EDT 2015

  71st birthday of US Indigenous political prisoner Leonard Peltier:
  Freedom Now!

September 12, 2015
*http://samidoun.net/2015/09/71st-birthday-of-us-indigenous-political-prisoner-leonard-peltier-freedom-now/*

Leonard Peltier <http://www.leonardpeltier.info/>, an Indigenous elder,
has been held as a political prisoner in U.S. jails for 40 years;
September 12 is his 71st birthday.  A leading member of the American
Indian Movement at the time, in 1977, Leonard Peltier was wrongfully
convicted for the murders of 2 FBI Agents on the Pine Ridge Indian
Reservation.  The occupation of Wounded Knee and the US government’s
“reign of terror” over the reservation  led to an incident on June 26,
1975, in which three men were killed: two F.B.I. Agents; Jack Coler and
Ron Williams as well as a young Indigenous man, Joe Stuntz
Killsight. “The use of  constitutional violations, witness coercions,
evidence tampering, and a myriad other violations of justice put Leonard
in prison and have kept him there for almost 40 years,” said his defense
committee.

*Samidoun Palestinian Prisoner Solidarity Network stands in solidarity
with and calls for freedom for Leonard Peltier and all political
prisoners in US jails. We particularly note the struggle of Leonard
Peltier and his resistance to settler colonialism on Indigenous land, a
just struggle which is reflected as well in Palestinian resistance
today, and the ongoing and unceasing resistance of Indigenous people to
Canadian, US, Australian, New Zealander and other settler colonial
projects. Free Leonard Peltier!*

We salute Leonard Peltier and his fellow Indigenous strugglers on his
71st birthday and encourage all to participate in events and activities
marking this anniversary. We redistribute the following alert from the
International Leonard Peltier Defense Committee
<http://www.whoisleonardpeltier.info/>.

  *Month of Global Action*

September 2015 is the Month of Global Action for ‪Leonard Peltier‬! Take
part. Anything you do in September will be amplified and every day counts!

Call President Obama for Leonard Peltier: 202-456-1111
<tel:202-456-1111>; email President
Obama:http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/submit-questions-and-comments
<https://gem.godaddy.com/redirects/1441315053-a3c5f23e0fbfa1436e8b3813ba4ff7ed-8724597?pa=32826425152>;
send a tweet to President Obama: @POTUS @WhiteHouse; AND write a letter:
President Barack Obama, The White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW,
Washington, DC 20500.

  *Birthday Greetings*

Don’t forget to send a birthday card or letter to Leonard Peltier before
September 12th:

Leonard Peltier #89637-132
USP Coleman I
P.O. Box 1033