[Pnews] Georgia Department of Corrections has taken deliberate steps to silence prisoners by withholding mail

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Mon Oct 26 15:35:53 EDT 2015

    Georgia, land of peanuts, pecans and prisons, has always been a
    penal colony
    <http://sfbayview.com/2015/10/georgia-land-of-peanuts-pecans-and-prisons-has-always-been-a-penal-colony/>

October 26, 2015
*http://sfbayview.com/2015/10/georgia-land-of-peanuts-pecans-and-prisons-has-always-been-a-penal-colony/*

*/by Kelevin J. Stevenson/*

Thanks for all the help you have given me in getting my story out and
the story of all the comrades suffering in this slave system.

The reason the Bay View is not hearing from prisoners here in Georgia is
because the Georgia Department of Corrections has taken deliberate steps
to silence prisoners by withholding incoming and outgoing mail,
especially if it’s addressed to Bay View or any media outlet that
exposes this system for its cruel and corrupt treatment of humans
trapped in its grasp.

The Georgia Department of Corrections is operating a behavior
modification torture program designed to break a prisoner’s mind, body
and spirit in order to instill fear and docility into each prisoner
placed in the program. Prisoners are deliberately denied proper
nutrition, media access, medical services, religious and political
expression, access to the courts etc.

There is nothing positive about this program. I and others see it as a
tool to keep prisoners from organizing and revolting against this
oppressive system.

Since Dec. 9, 2010 (the day thousands of prisoners across the state
staged a one-day work strike against the slave system that requires them
to work without any wages at all; the strike was put down with
unprecedented brutality), the Georgia Department of Corrections, along
with the Governor’s Office, attorney general and lawmakers have
implemented procedures and policies that are retaliatory in their nature
and in their operations.

      The Georgia Department of Corrections is operating a behavior
      modification torture program designed to break a prisoner’s mind,
      body and spirit in order to instill fear and docility into each
      prisoner placed in the program. Prisoners are deliberately denied
      proper nutrition, media access, medical services, religious and
      political expression, access to the courts etc.

Georgia’s economy is sustained by the “Three Ps”: peanuts, pecans and
prisons. It has always been a penal colony, and it is operated and
protected as such.

Through federal subsidies and grants, Georgia’s Department of
Corrections is financed; thus, the inhumane treatment we are being
subjected to is condoned by the federal government and U.S. citizens are
tortured under the guise of public safety, when the true criminals are
the very ones wearing the judges’ robes and police and correctional
officers’ uniforms.

We cannot receive paper, stamps or envelopes through the mail. It is
deemed contraband and will be destroyed. Those things are available only
off the commissary, and the only outside help allowed is placing money
on our books, either through JPay <https://www.jpay.com/> or by mailing
a money order addressed to the prisoner’s name and number at Georgia
Department of Corrections, Prisoner Accounts, P.O. Box 405699, Atlanta
GA 30384.

The reason things must be done like this is because GDC doesn’t want
prisoners to have outside support.

Tell all the comrades to keep their heads up!

/Kelevin “Ona”/

/Send our brother some love and light: Kelevin J. Stevenson, 570391,
GSP, 2164 GA Hwy 147, Reidsville GA 30499./