[Pnews] Health Crisis for Leonard Peltier - you can help!

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Thu Oct 8 16:17:42 EDT 2015

International Leonard Peltier Defense Committee
*ILPDC, PO Box 24, Hillsboro, OR 97123*

After nearly a three-week lockdown at UPS Coleman I, what we feared has
occurred. Due to being served one warm meal a day and bread and water
for the other meals during this period, Leonard Peltier's blood sugar is
high and out of control. The solution? The doctor gave Leonard a list of
foods not to eat. But here's the problem: ALL the foods Leonard has been
told not to eat are the only foods available to him.

Demand a transfer to medium security in a location that will afford
Leonard quality health care. Do NOT contact the prison. Instead, contact:

Charles E. Samuels, Jr., Director
Federal Bureau of Prisons
320 First Street., NW
Washington, DC 20534
Telephone: 202-307-3198
Email: info at bop.gov

Be respectful, but firm. The situation is life threatening. After many
years of high blood sugar, Leonard is at serious risk for kidney failure
and the need for dialysis, blood vessel damage in the eyes that can lead
to blindness, and nerve damage in the feet that could lead to the need
for amputation. Supporters should also remember that Leonard already
suffers from a heart condition. Heart disease is, in fact, the number
one cause of death in people with diabetes.

Leonard needs our help. Act now. Write or fax a letter. Make a call.
Send an e-mail.

Thank you.