[Pnews] NYC, Sat, 6/6: Demand Adequate Medical Care for Political Prisoner Robert Seth Hayes

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Thu May 28 11:45:46 EDT 2015

*DEMAND ADEQUATE MEDICAL CARE FOR POLITICAL PRISONER ROBERT SETH HAYES!*

*Picket Governor Cuomo’s NYC Office
333 Third Avenue, New York, NY*
(between 24th & 25th Sts.; #6 train to 23rd St.)

*Saturday, June 6, 2015
1 to 3 p.m.*

Robert Seth Hayes is one of the longest held political prisoners in the
US, currently in his 42nd year of incarceration. He is 66 years old and
suffers from multiple chronic and concerning medical problems. We waged
a medical campaign for him a few months ago regarding rapid and
concerning weight loss as well as poorly controlled diabetes. Neither of
these concerns has been addressed to date. NYS DOCCS states on its
website that denial of adequate medical care is a violation of a
person’s eighth amendment constitutional rights, so please help demand
that Seth be provided with proper care.

Since we began our campaign, Seth’s medical situation has actually
worsened. He has a cough with shortness of breath and a mass in the
upper left quadrant of his abdomen which puts pressure on his diaphragm,
increasing his difficulty breathing. He has also developed three lumps
on his chest. He has not been evaluated or treated for these symptoms.

We must keep the pressure on and be consistent, insistent and persistent
to make sure we do not lose yet another of our beloved freedom fighters
due to deliberate medical neglect.

On Tuesday, 6/9 and Wednesday, 6/10 please call:
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo at (518) 474-8390 x2
Acting Commissioner Anthony J. Annucci,
NYS Department of Corrections at (518) 457-8134

On Thursday, 6/11 and Friday, 6/12, please fax (you can use a free
online fax service like faxzero.com <http://faxzero.com> if needed):
Governor Cuomo at Fax: (518) 486-4466
Acting Commissioner Anthony J. Annucci at Fax: (518) 457-0076

State who you are calling about and include his prisoner #: Robert Seth
Hayes,
#74-A-2280 at Sullivan Correctional Facility;

Say that you are requesting oversight of the medical team at Sullivan
and DOCCS Health Services as well as:
1) an MRI of his abdomen to determine what the mass is;
2) an examination of the lumps on his chest;
3) an examination by an endocrinologist for his diabetes;
4) a physician’s order for a diabetic diet.

For more info: powmedicaljustice.com/ <http://powmedicaljustice.com/> •
www.jerichony.org/sethmedical.html
<http://www.jerichony.org/sethmedical.html>
nycjericho at gmail.com <mailto:nycjericho at gmail.com> • 917-544-1577