[Pnews] Mumia Abu Jamal discharged from hospital - continue to call to demand visitation

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Wed May 20 10:39:27 EDT 2015

Mumia's attorneys, Bret Grote and Bob Boyle, had a telephone conference
with the defendants they filed the complaint against -- the hospital and
the DOC -- and with the federal judge.  In this conference, the hospital
informed the attorneys that Mumia has been discharged from the hospital,
but it was not clear whether to the prison infirmary or to general
population.

The only thing the judge ordered to alleviate the lack of communication
between Mumia and his lawyers as well as his family, was a legal
telephone call.  Mumia will have the right, presumably, to call his
lawyers tomorrow

Since Wednesday is not a visiting day at Mahanoy, we will not know until
Thursday what visitation, if any, will be allowed.

Surely more questions are raised than answered with the DOC continuing
to be adamant about asserting its right to deny Mumia his rights.  This
struggle even on the limited issue of visitation and communication is
clearly not over.

*KEEP MAKING YOUR CALLS TO SECRETARY OF DOC, JOHN WETZEL - **717 728 4109*

*DEMAND THAT MUMIA BE ALLOWED TO SEE HIS LAWYERS AND FAMILY. *

The DOC is now admitting that it has been their restrictions, not the
hospital's, that have kept Mumia isolated, Mention that when you call.
  There is no question that they feel the people's pressure.  They have
referred among their staff to our being at the DOC and at the Capitol in
Harrisburg and that they never know where we will show up next.

Thank you so much for your calls and your love.

The struggle will continue ... until victory!

Suzanne Ross, for the Free Mumia Abu-Jamal Coalition

Posted by: info at freemumia.com
Free Mumia Abu-Jamal Coalition, NYC
P.O. Box 16, College Station, NY, NY 10030
212-330-8029, www.FreeMumia.com, info at FreeMumia.com