[Pnews] Angola 3 - Statement from Teenie Rogers, the Widow of Brent Miller, urging the release of Albert Woodfox

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Fri Jun 12 10:47:36 EDT 2015

*Statement from Teenie Rogers, the Widow of Brent Miller*

*http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?ca=3623c6c3-3f7a-4883-980f-5543c1dfc0e7&c=ddd0f320-356e-11e3-9e24-d4ae52754dbc&ch=de9861d0-356e-11e3-9eba-d4ae52754dbc*

"I remain stunned that I am still forced to relive the worst thing that
ever happened to me every year.

I wish the state of Louisiana would stop spending all this money paying
lawyers to keep Albert in prison for even longer than the 43 years he
has already been there. If it were up to me, those resources would be
spent on victim services.

I also wish they would have used some of my taxpayer money to find out
who left a fingerprint in Brent's blood at the crime scene, because it
wasn't Albert Woodfox, and it wasn't Herman Wallace, and it certainly
wasn't Robert King.

Governor Jindal shook my hand many years ago and I asked him to look
into how this was allowed to happen, but I guess I'll never know. But I
think it's time the state stop acting like there is any evidence that
Albert Woodfox killed Brent.

I guess some people will believe what they want to believe no matter
what the evidence says. Most of those people have never looked at the
evidence like I have, and they just want to talk about what kind of
people they think these men were and everything BUT the evidence in THIS
crime.

I understand. I used to feel the same way. But after a lot of years
looking at the evidence and soul-searching and praying, I realized I
could no longer just believe what I was told to believe by a state that
did not take care of Brent when he was working at Angola and did not
take care of me when he was killed. The state offered a legally blind
man as an eye-witness.

Please think about what really happened here before you cast judgement
on Albert, or on me. Please care about the evidence and about real
justice. Loving Brent doesn't mean we have to ignore the truth and the
evidence.

I hope the Appeals Court cares about the evidence and cares about
justice. The judge has already said this is over. Let it be over. For
all of us."

--Teenie Rogers, June 11, 2015
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001z1GpklvdBTEKr_kHHL6jqOplWlTN1yubwh6XDuwILhHg0o3LNFXx-12KwuPn-fzq-8ErfhMoeHqx26wx2nN77_Tl0fJ70rD--HD6XvzsYEMvtQWrtPB7zzvKDhr7nKJ7GuHbYIWd3e1tShX3xIpPBxFkZnUOr_56QMAd9Jq3uAC0hIiJmcH-byr6wVhyqlhyrNBhBJpNWqY2dopD5EQn-g9bt1ItlhO0l4QWvAmFBg52ob6qmXbP_e6Hu8aBWqLoZ7QLLFeAEZtkggpwpcxFmzPnf7fqgRb8&c=6zQlJWRj2_Ouc2uH_ww3ZBfdmOHHpYV9MzWfpz8mKFfu6mTsWz0cXQ==&ch=g9xJwIUDzB8Yz_embox__Yt_nJhkwk0SJ4n3iST8RWlg_Xcq8Nt3lw==>