[Pnews] Take Action - support the release of political prisoner Albert Woodfox

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Thu Jun 11 11:41:00 EDT 2015

A3 Newsletter, June 11, 2015:

Take Action with Amnesty Intl! Act quickly: Albert Woodfox's fate could
be decided TOMORROW

Featured below, reprinted in full, is a new Amnesty International action
alert for Albert Woodfox, just released this morning.

Please Take Action Here!
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001tRhxE54e8I0pHrPSLj0oS4YzJaSZS01HKzTPNpIg5-pw5KUJmW5YSkOnkTvkc3k7EDxsUdg7XjUX-rxOtC5rVzAIT0w1BProdRN8rLX1a0-QRzPoTN-b2btzqFqg7ON3fxy-7g-8AL5nTpW2p15-VaKaruKHrLvnkr7nE0nmPa78DexY8YgTID84sPQ7JDLmPvkFvZFsHSyAWK26V3mQV4f-WSqlmBRzVUIK6rKTg-nH1BhMgoQThZFN6T8s57qZUJa8sTVf2_HrS84OdPGjQd0Foh11JBb8WMsKWB_K9RQO57Fy6_z7dZpMppVlCxPgvKaTkzu4dGJrgWFS6wLefnxPpsKurv9woSwyUAu8IYg=&c=&ch=>

//

/On Monday night, I heard news almost too incredible to believe: After
four decades of hellish isolation, a federal judge ordered that
Louisiana prisoner Albert Woodfox finally be unconditionally released
and never re-tried by the State of Louisiana. After so many years in
solitary confinement, Albert was set to walk free.

It marked the most promising development to date in Albert's case.

But Albert's nightmare isn't over yet. The Louisiana Attorney General
acted quickly to file an emergency stay, keeping Albert behind bars
until an appeals court can decide his fate. The court is set to make a
decision TOMORROW.

Until Albert walks out of prison, our work is not done. Join me in
telling the Louisiana authorities to stop standing in the way of justice
so that Albert's ordeal can finally end.
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001tRhxE54e8I0pHrPSLj0oS4YzJaSZS01HKzTPNpIg5-pw5KUJmW5YSkOnkTvkc3k7EDxsUdg7XjUX-rxOtC5rVzAIT0w1BProdRN8rLX1a0-QRzPoTN-b2btzqFqg7ON3fxy-7g-8AL5nTpW2p15-VaKaruKHrLvnkr7nE0nmPa78DexY8YgTID84sPQ7JDLmPvkFvZFsHSyAWK26V3mQV4f-WSqlmBRzVUIK6rKTg-nH1BhMgoQThZFN6T8s57qZUJa8sTVf2_HrS84OdPGjQd0Foh11JBb8WMsKWB_K9RQO57Fy6_z7dZpMppVlCxPgvKaTkzu4dGJrgWFS6wLefnxPpsKurv9woSwyUAu8IYg=&c=&ch=>
/

/Albert was first placed in solitary confinement in 1972, shortly after
a young white prison guard named Brent Miller was fatally stabbed inside
Louisiana State Penitentiary - also known simply as "Angola."

Although no physical evidence tied Albert to the crime, he was
immediately assumed to be guilty and placed in solitary confinement -
isolated in a small cell for 23 hours each day. He has remained in
isolation for four decades, despite the fact that his conviction has now
been overturned three times.

Albert has been fighting to prove his innocence, even as the Louisiana
Attorney General has publicly maligned him and vowed to keep him behind
bars.

It is time for Albert's nightmare to end. The only just and humane
action that the state can take is to ensure his release./

//

/Will you call on Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal to ensure that
Albert's cruel and unjust isolation is not his legacy?
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001tRhxE54e8I0pHrPSLj0oS4YzJaSZS01HKzTPNpIg5-pw5KUJmW5YSkOnkTvkc3k7EDxsUdg7XjUX-rxOtC5rVzAIT0w1BProdRN8rLX1a0-QRzPoTN-b2btzqFqg7ON3fxy-7g-8AL5nTpW2p15-VaKaruKHrLvnkr7nE0nmPa78DexY8YgTID84sPQ7JDLmPvkFvZFsHSyAWK26V3mQV4f-WSqlmBRzVUIK6rKTg-nH1BhMgoQThZFN6T8s57qZUJa8sTVf2_HrS84OdPGjQd0Foh11JBb8WMsKWB_K9RQO57Fy6_z7dZpMppVlCxPgvKaTkzu4dGJrgWFS6wLefnxPpsKurv9woSwyUAu8IYg=&c=&ch=>

With hope,

Jasmine Heiss
Senior Campaigner
Amnesty International USA/

*Write Albert:*
**

*Albert Woodfox #72148 *

*West Feliciana Parish Detention Center*
*PO Box 2727*
*St. Francisville, LA 70775*