[Pnews] Leonard Peltier - My life is in your hands

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Fri Jun 5 12:14:06 EDT 2015

June 5, 2015

Greetings friends, supporters and Native Peoples.

I would like to begin by saying thank you to those of you who have been
with me over these nearly 40 yrs, I know some have passed and we all
miss them. Many of them gave their all to help Native nations.

Those of you still around have seen a lot of changes with the ILPDC.
Most of the good volunteers had to leave for their own careers or health
reasons and some just wanted to move on. But before they did go, they
did some awesome things in building the Committee. Then there were, I
must admit, a few who came along who had their own agenda. In the end, I
was the one who lost out as a lot of the work done by others was lost.
That is the situation with the Committee now.

So when my son Chauncey came to visit me after I hadn't seen him for
over 16 yrs, I asked him if he would like to help me I needed someone to
take care of my art work and to hire a good lawyer. We needed to reopen
the Defense Committee, too. Chauncey said he would love to help me.
Chauncey has been working hard. Please check out peltierart.com. If you
can afford to purchase artwork, it would be a big help. The available
art isn't bad, I'm told :-)

Together with Peter Clark and a new Board, Chauncey is also rebuilding
the Committee as quickly as he can. But I can't wait for the Committee
to get back working at full strength as time is running out for me to
file a clemency petition. So I have to ask you supporters around the
world for help.

I hear some people claim I don't need lawyers. That's not true. And it's
important for supporters to understand that some of my attorneys work
for free, but they have expenses the Committee needs to cover. Not all
of my attorneys work for free, though, and some are very expensive.

I also hear that supporters think all my celebrity supporters have
donated to the Committee? They rarely do and when they do their
donations are far less than you might imagine.

No. The fact is that it's always been you supporters who have kept my
hope for freedom alive. Now more than ever before I need and want your
support.

But I don't just need funds. I need you to keep contacting President
Obama. My life is in your hands. Please do your part to help convince
the President to let me go home.

Thank you.

Doksha,
Leonard Peltier

LISTSERV MASTHEAD new*
Make a Donation Online / Pledge to Donate Monthly
<https://gem.godaddy.com/redirects/1433520023-a5022b8ef597d3dd0c216e01c34b128c-16cd387?pa=30797068673>*

*Mail donations to ILPDC, PO Box 24, Hillsboro, OR 97123*

*Contact: *ILPDC | Indigenous Rights Center LLC, 202 Harvard SE,
Albuquerque, NM 87106