[Pnews] Prisoner Human Rights Movement: Agreement to End Hostilities has changed the face of race relations without any help from CDCr

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Thu Jan 29 19:31:10 EST 2015

    Prisoner Human Rights Movement: Agreement to End Hostilities has
    changed the face of race relations without any help from CDCr
    <http://sfbayview.com/2015/01/prisoner-human-rights-movement-agreement-to-end-hostilities-has-changed-the-face-of-race-relations-without-any-help-from-cdcr/>

January 28, 2015
*http://sfbayview.com/2015/01/prisoner-human-rights-movement-agreement-to-end-hostilities-has-changed-the-face-of-race-relations-without-any-help-from-cdcr/*
<http://sfbayview.com/2015/01/prisoner-human-rights-movement-agreement-to-end-hostilities-has-changed-the-face-of-race-relations-without-any-help-from-cdcr/#>

*/by Sitawa Nantambu Jamaa/*

It is incumbent upon all men prisoners across the state of California
and globally to embrace the struggle of women prisoners as a whole. We,
the four principle negotiators of our Prisoner Human Rights Movement –
George Franco, Arturo Castellanos, Todd Ashker and Sitawa Nantambu Jamaa
(Dewberry) – recognize the women prisoner struggles and the PHRM
supports them. These other prisoner activists do as well: D. Troxell, L.
Powell, A. Guillen, G. Huerta, P. Redd, R. Yandell, J.M. Perez, J.
Baridi Williamson, A. Sandoval, P. Fortman, Y. Iyapo-I (Alexander), A.
Yrigollen, F. Bermudez, F. Clement and R. Chavo Perez.

These representatives, whom CDCr leading officials recognize as prisoner
activists, are changing the face of race relationships within CDCr
first, without any assistance from CDCr. Isn’t that amazing! The above
named prisoner activists, along with the thousands of other prisoner
activists throughout the California prison system, have changed the way
prisoners should be treated as human beings.

I encourage all men and women prisoners to continue to press onward with
our Agreement to End Hostilities (AEH) through all corridors of state
and county facilities.

      *Prisoners’ era of retrospective study and constructive struggle*

We are beacons of collective building while clearly understanding that
we the beacons must take a protracted internal and external
retrospective of our present day prisons’ concrete conditions to forge
our PHRM onward into the next stage of development, thereby exposing
CDCr’s racial discrimination and racist animus tactics against our
prisoner class. This is why our lives must be embedded in determined
human rights laws, based on our constructive development of our
scientific methods and laws. Therefore, through our concrete conditions
in each prison, our struggle shall be constructed through our Prisoner
Human Rights Movement representatives and negotiators.

The PHRM has realized that CDCr has been setting up prisoners and
creating racial tension among all racial groups, from various
geographical locations up and down the state of California. It has
become abundantly clear to the PHRM that Gov. Jerry Brown is an
outspoken racist and overseer who has clearly shown that his
discriminatory practices are directed at minorities and people of color:
New Afrikan (Afrikan Amerikan), Mexicans (Latinos) and White working
poor, who have all been suffering blatant discrimination in county jails
and state prisons.

Gov. Brown went out and hired the most blatant racist prison
superintendent in the U.S. as his secretary of corrections. Yes, CDCr
Secretary Jeffrey Beard is continuing to torture, isolate, maim,
racially assault, and racially, religiously and culturally discriminate
against prisoners.

Gov. Brown and Secretary Beard are continuing their practices of long
term solitary confinement. Now, it is a known fact that Gov. Brown and
his personally appointed CDCr Secretary J. Beard do not want to STOP
racial tension within the CDCr or the state of California as a whole,
because if they did, the historical document, the Agreement to End
Hostilities, would have been distributed by the CDCr to all women and
men state prisoners, county jail prisoners, youth authority prisoners,
juveniles, probationers and parolees throughout this state.

Since Oct. 10, 2012, when the Agreement to End Hostilities took effect,
to the present day, California women and men prisoners’ racial and
cultural hostilities have decreased, without any assistance from Gov.
Brown or his subordinate, Secretary of CDCr Jeffrey Beard. It is
important that all citizens here in California and throughout the United
States realize that Gov. Brown and Secretary Beard do not care about
reducing the violence among prisoners, nor do they care about the safety
and security of Californians who are not incarcerated.

Our civil rights are violated daily. We citizens realize that the safety
and security of California prisoners and our neighborhoods throughout
California will only come from the people, not from corrupt law
enforcement agencies! Because we know that the majority of California
law enforcement policies have been brutal to our inner city citizens –
killing and maiming our family members – and that the brutality has been
sanctioned by Gov. Brown and carried out by CDCr Secretary Beard et al
behind California prison walls against all prisoners and especially
Level 3 and 4 prisoners.

CEASE the human torture! CEASE the racial profiling, Gov. Brown and
Secretary Beard!

I want everyone to know that I agree with my co-principle negotiators’
articles in the October 2014 SF Bay View newspaper: 1) “California
prisoner representatives: All people have the right to humane treatment
with dignity
<http://sfbayview.com/2014/10/california-prisoner-representatives-all-people-have-the-right-to-humane-treatment-with-dignity/>”
on page 5 and 2) “Unresolved hunger strike issues” on page 16. I want to
encourage everyone to subscribe to this newspaper. It is the voice of
all people!

      *To all U.S. citizens and the world community, support our
      Prisoner Human Rights Movement!*

We are fighting for human justice. We are upholding the U.S.
Constitution and California Constitution and the liberties therein,
while establishing the freedoms that our ancestors struggled for over
the past hundred years in California.

Determined to preserve our human lives and those of all prisoners within
the state of California, we, the Prisoner Human Rights Movement, call on
all citizens to get involved with social change now. In the course of
our work, PHRM realizes that it is natural that we should meet
opposition from CDCr, because of their ignorance and lack of knowledge
manifested whenever CDCr ruthlessly deceives and deprives prisoners of
our human rights and civil rights daily.

With the dawn of this new prison era, the Prisoners’ Era of Retrospect
and Construct, know what its essentials are; know its principles and
strive to attain our goals and objectives in the truest sense of our
Agreement to End Hostilities. We know what forced solitude causes:
psychological and physical warfare, for prisoners and their outside
family members as well.

Politically speaking, the world has changed and so have prisoners. Human
progress means change, and today we need to prepare for a higher life,
for tomorrow’s liberty – educationally, socially and politically.

      Determined to preserve our human lives and those of all prisoners
      within the state of California, we, the Prisoner Human Rights
      Movement, call on all citizens to get involved with social change now.

No one wants to be tortured, dehumanized, racially profiled, religiously
profiled and viciously targeted by acts of sensory deprivation by Gov.
Jerry Brown’s state government and his California prison officials to
implement the New Jim Crow, i.e., the Security Threat Group/Step Down
Program (STG/SDP), which is actually criminal acts of torture by way of
low intensity warfare. This is an act against all California citizens
and humanity itself.

Our PHRM was threatened by CDCr officials and employees as we championed
the cause of the Agreement to End Hostilities, and we thank God that our
prisoner class did not fall prey to CDCr’s threats to destroy our AEH
across this state. Prisoners hold their destiny in the palm of their
hands and we shall not allow any prison correctional officers,
sergeants, lieutenants, captains, associate wardens, chief deputy
wardens, wardens, the director of adult institutions, the undersecretary
or the secretary or even Gov. Brown to destroy our faith in humanity.
The Prisoner Human Rights Movement shall stand as ONE clenched fist in
solidarity against CDCr oppression.

I want to make it clear that Gov. Brown and Secretary Beard operate with
the mentality of Donald Tokowitz Sterling, the former Los Angeles
Clipper’s owner. Just review their policies, rules, laws and practices
directed at all prisoners and their family members, relatives, friends
and all citizens within this state.

      We shall not allow even Gov. Brown to destroy our faith in
      humanity. The Prisoner Human Rights Movement shall stand as ONE
      clenched fist in solidarity against CDCr oppression.

Stand up against injustice. Stand up against racism. Stand up against
sensory deprivation.

People, get involved in struggle!

Revolutionary love and respect!

/Brutha Sitawa/

/Send our brother some love and light: Sitawa Nantambu Jamaa, s/n R.N.
Dewberry, C-35671, 4B-7C-209, P.O. Box 1906, Tehachapi CA 93581. /