[Pnews] San Quentin Six on the assassination of Hugo Pinell

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Mon Aug 17 11:22:55 EDT 2015

*Hugo Pinell was assassinated at new Folsom State Prison. this is
another example of the racism people of color inside those prisons are
confronted with on a daily basis. like Comrade George, Hugo has been in
the cross hairs of the system for years. His assassination exemplify how
racist working in conjunction with prison authorities commit murderous
acts like this. We saw it on the yard at Soledad in 1970 and we see
it again on the yard at Folsom in 2015.

*
*His life was a living hell. We witness the brutality inflicted on him
by prison guards as they made every effort to break him,  he endured
more than fifty years of sensory deprivation, for decades  he was denied
being able to touch his family or another human being,  as well as
attempts on his life. This is cruel and unusual punishment! Hugo is not
the monster that is being portrayed in social media / news media. The
CDC is the real monster. *
*During the six trial we really got to know Hugo. He was as we all were
under a lot of stress. His stress was heavier than mines because he had
the additional load of being beaten on regular occasions. We saw the
strength of his of his spirit, and through it all he manage to smile. *
*We mourn the loss of our comrade brother, yogi. We have been hit with a
crushing blow that will take some time to recover from. We must expose
those who under the cover of law orchestrated and allowed this murderous
  act to take place. The prisoners who did it acted as agents of the
state. It comes at a time when prisoners  are collectively trying to end
decades of internal strife.  Those who took his life  have done a
disservice to our movement, their actions served the cause of the same
oppressor we fought against!  No longer do you have to endure the hatred
of people who didn’t even know you and never dared to love you. You have
represented George & Che well, and we  salute you!
*
*SQ SIX*
David General Giap Johnson
Luis Bato  Talamantez