[Pnews] Today marks 43 years since Albert Woodfox and Herman Wallace were first placed in solitary confinement

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Fri Apr 17 10:29:19 EDT 2015

43 Years of Innocence;
Still Incarcerated; Still Isolated
Today marks 43 years since Albert Woodfox and Herman Wallace were first
placed in solitary confinement for a crime they didn't commit. We now
await a decision from Federal Judge James Brady regarding Albert's
request for bail, expected any week.

Featured below are messages from both Albert and Robert King. New
artwork by longtime A3 supporter Rigo 23 is displayed alongside a poem
written by Albert back in 1998 entitled /I Wait/. Who could have
imagined that 17 years later, in 2015, he would still be in solitary
confinement, still waiting for justice?/

If you have not yet done so, please sign the Amnesty USA petition
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=0013TDCKCn4wc_Mg95z4e3_BdRbeRWyHwYLvlS6pXKrYloWkJZWdQ_DHQgQ4davFrYX8KAXeijwZ0faB5L3rn1oSUsGoDSwruejbBq-qOpl-epeKYgziCoMyxi2vJPqmNwVJDqRAudiQGt6g06iCvFOvLhtpoZU0Ro0a09ZzhHJ6pbhzZ3Rlp-mfg91ZmBnmRJhKawutieUTBcUT5B2pnhDhFLkXLtyNhhYdRMlPCMAwQFC_Z58jM1ukPec004AksUvT0dgi1AeowBBefj_F3bzaZPsDxgBviGN2vGOAzLyLm-nm1Bvsc1-jeUO8HqoU-e60cZu2g9w8R1EsjrKD9eaPab0zG5Y_WwjK_keJlg7zTa1AA74kTYP3GUGw6ys1hpL6Z5KC52DpSV-L_k4LxDMeSt1aN-7snc2&c=l_yicJIfCByykCX4al6ZplvFzbmFfeWNJ80OCHOhzvk7v0vAYjDy6w==&ch=10-lcfh4R3BBJr78kmAd7WivlpbVkgnhb2j_ABOEIuwW08S2jMf6fw==>
calling on Louisiana authorities to not oppose bail for Albert!/

*A Message from Albert*

Greetings.  I'd imagine that friends and supporters are concerned with
what is happening to me since being transferred from the Louisiana
Department of Corrections to West Feliciana Parish custody.  I'm
ok--still in isolation as we come upon the 43rd anniversary of my first
days in solitary confinement.  I remain strong and dedicated to the
people's struggle.

Stay Strong,
Albert

*Robert King on Albert's 43 Years in Hell*

Albert sits in a cell in a parish detention center in West St.
Francisville Parish, where he is "still waiting."  He waits for the
State of Louisiana's next move in their game of infinitely obstructing
justice.  We, all of Albert's supporters, wait with him.

No evidence connects Albert to the murder. The case is rife with
prosecutorial misconduct as well as manufactured and purchased
testimony. Yet, 43 years later, despite a third overturned conviction,
the State continues hell-bent in its determination to not just
incarcerate Albert, but to also keep him isolated in solitary confinement.

Waiting for justice is a tortuously slow process in this "land of the free."

*Albert Woodfox #72148 *

*West Feliciana Parish Detention Center*
*PO Box 2727*
*St. Francisville, LA 70775*

via: marina at communityfuturescollective.org