[Pnews] Benton Harbor - Rev. Pinkney: Why I’m charged with election fraud

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Wed Oct 22 14:14:15 EDT 2014

    Rev. Pinkney: Why I’m charged with election fraud
    <http://sfbayview.com/2014/10/rev-pinkney-why-im-charged-with-election-fraud/>

October 21, 2014
*http://sfbayview.com/2014/10/rev-pinkney-why-im-charged-with-election-fraud/*

*Trial begins Monday, Oct. 27, 8:30 a.m., Berrien County Courthouse, Mich.*

*/by Rev. Edward Pinkney/*

The USA proclaims itself the “land of freedom,” but the reality is we
live under the world’s most corrupt legal system. It has rigged courts,
bribed judges, phony trials, extortion by lawyers and over 2 million
prisoners. That’s more prisoners than any other country, in real numbers
and proportionately.

You can be sent to prison and even put to death with absolutely no
evidence. The truth is hidden by America’s corporate owned media – and
by Berrien County media. They are afraid to tell the truth about
Michigan’s Emergency Manager system, where rule is without the consent
of the governed.

Benton Harbor now has four emergency managers. They are called a
Transitional Team. Appointed by the governor, they are direct
representatives of the corporate giant, Whirlpool, that runs Benton Harbor.

This team can overrule decisions made by the democratically elected City
Council. They can sell off public assets to private interests.

The team includes two former Whirlpool employees, one county treasurer
and a member of the state Treasury Department. This is what fascism in
Michigan looks like: the merger of government with private corporations.

Within this dictatorial political environment, the Benton Harbor
community exercised their democratic right to recall the
Whirlpool-allied mayor. With absolutely no evidence, I was charged with
voter fraud and bound over for trial.

This attack was intended to stop the community’s recall election from
going forward. In a hearing to determine if there was evidence to take
me to trial, Mark Goff, a forensic document examiner with the Michigan
State Police testified that changes to the election petitions were made
with different ink, but he could not determine who made the changes,
when they were made or whether the person who signed the petition
changed it.

His testimony provided no evidence against me; however, Judge Sterling
Schrock, Judge Charlie LaSata and Prosecutor Mike Sepic all stated that
you do not need evidence to go to trial in Michigan. The government is
counting on an all-white jury, which may be motivated by something other
than the truth, to convict me.

Soon after, in a momentary victory for the people, Judge John DeWane
ruled that the contested mayoral recall election should be placed on the
November ballot – upon the First Amendment’s political core freedom of
speech. The issue boiled down to admitting 21 duplicate signatures that
had been invalidated based upon faulty practice by the Berrien County
Clerk’s Office.

Attorney John LaPietra stated that the Berrien County clerk, armed with
$20,000 in funding from the County Board, appealed that ruling with
support from two major law firms and the Attorney General’s Office,
representing the Secretary of State and the Board of Elections.

The Court of Appeals reversed Judge John DeWane’s favorable ruling, and
it was essentially upheld by the state’s Supreme Court. This scenario
once again shows the unity of government and corporations.

Democracy has been stolen from the people. Water rights have been
stolen. Poverty is growing. We the people have nothing in common with
the billionaires, their corporations and their government. We must stand
together.

Nobody in the world has ever gotten anything by appealing to the moral
sense of the people who were oppressing them. We must stand together and
fight back.

/Rev. Edward Pinkney can be reached at banco9342 at sbcglobal.net,
269-925-0001 or Rev Pinkney, 1940 Union St., Benton Harbor, MI 49022.
Donations are needed and welcome; mail your check or money order or
donate online at //bhbanco.org/ <http://bhbanco.org/>/. BHBANCO stands
for Benton Harbor Black Autonomy Network Community Organization. Sign
the petition //HERE/
<http://www.change.org/p/berrien-county-michael-sepic-stop-the-corruption-we-demand-justice-in-benton-harbor-michigan-and-the-resignation-of-berrien-county-michigan-prosecutor-michael-sepic-free-rev-pinkney-stop-the-corruption>/.
Listen to the Pinkney to Pinkney show every Sunday at 5 p.m. ET on
//blogtalkradio.com/ <http://blogtalkradio.com/Rev>/./