[Pnews] The Agreement to End Hostilities must be re-implemented in all California prison and jail facilities

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Thu Oct 9 11:55:30 EDT 2014

    The Agreement to End Hostilities must be re-implemented in all
    California prison and jail facilities
    <http://sfbayview.com/2014/10/the-agreement-to-end-hostilities-must-be-re-implemented-in-all-california-prison-and-jail-facilities/>

October 9, 2014
*http://sfbayview.com/2014/10/the-agreement-to-end-hostilities-must-be-re-implemented-in-all-california-prison-and-jail-facilities/*

*/by Raymond "Chavo" Perez and Kendra Castaneda-Perez/*

It has been two years since our Agreement to End Hostilities was
released in October 2012, and we continue to stand united. While there
have been a few conflicts here and there, we need to commit to ceasing
all racial hostilities towards one another and remain peacefully united
throughout all prison facilities.

By re-reading and re-committing ourselves to the Agreement to End
Hostilities, we are taking back control of our own lives and our own
futures. As we wrote in the Agreement, "We can no longer allow CDCR to
use us against each other for their benefit!"

We ask every prisoner in every California prison and jail to read the
Agreement to End Hostilities (below) over and over again until you
thoroughly understand it and live it every day. Then we will demonstrate
our strength not by fighting -- dividing and conquering ourselves -- but
by ceasing all hostilities between racial groups and individuals and
within our own race and learning to work together, unified for one
cause, programming peacefully to rehabilitate ourselves and protect our
human rights from this point forward.

      *Agreement to End Hostilities, originally published in October 2012*

To whom it may concern and all California prisoners:

Greetings from the entire PBSP-SHU Short Corridor Hunger Strike
Representatives. We are hereby presenting this mutual agreement on
behalf of all racial groups here in the PBSP-SHU Corridor. Wherein, we
have arrived at a mutual agreement concerning the following points:

If we really want to bring about substantive meaningful changes to the
CDCR system in a manner beneficial to all solid individuals who have
never broken by CDCR's torture tactics intended to coerce one to become
a state informant via debriefing, that now is the time for us to
collectively seize this moment in time and put an end to more than 20-30
years of hostilities between our racial groups.

Therefore, beginning on Oct. 10, 2012, all hostilities between our
racial groups in SHU, Ad-Seg, General Population and County Jails will
officially cease. This means that from this date on, all racial group
hostilities need to be at an end. And if personal issues arise between
individuals, people need to do all they can to exhaust all diplomatic
means to settle such disputes; do not allow personal, individual issues
to escalate into racial group issues!

We also want to warn those in the general population that IGI
(Institutional Gang Investigators) will continue to plant undercover
Sensitive Needs Yard (SNY) debriefer "inmates" amongst the solid GP
prisoners with orders from IGI to be informers, snitches, rats and
obstructionists, in order to attempt to disrupt and undermine our
collective groups' mutual understanding on issues intended for our
mutual causes. People need to be aware and vigilant to such tactics and
refuse to allow such IGI inmate snitches to create chaos and reignite
hostilities amongst our racial groups. We can no longer play into IGI,
ISU, (Investigative Service Unit), OCS (Office of Correctional Safety)
and SSU's (Service Security Unit's) old manipulative divide and conquer
tactics!

      Beginning on Oct. 10, 2012, all hostilities between our racial
      groups in SHU, Ad-Seg, General Population and County Jails will
      officially cease. This means that from this date on, all racial
      group hostilities need to be at an end.

In conclusion, we must all hold strong to our mutual agreement from this
point on and focus our time, attention and energy on mutual causes
beneficial to all of us (i.e., prisoners) and our best interests. We can
no longer allow CDCR to use us against each other for their benefit!

Because the reality is that collectively, we are an empowered, mighty
force that can positively change this entire corrupt system into a
system that actually benefits prisoners and thereby the public as a
whole, and we simply cannot allow CDCR and CCPOA, the prison guards'
union, IGI, ISU, OCS and SSU to continue to get away with their constant
form of progressive oppression and warehousing of tens of thousands of
prisoners, including the 14,000-plus prisoners held in solitary
confinement torture chambers -- SHU and Ad-Seg Units -- for decades!

We send our love and respect to all those of like mind and heart. Onward
in struggle and solidarity!

Presented by the PBSP-SHU Short Corridor Collective: Todd Ashker, Arturo
Castellanos, Sitawa Nantambu Jamaa (Dewberry), Antonio Guillen

And the Representatives Body: Danny Troxell, George Franco, Ronnie
Yandell, Paul Redd, James Baridi Williamson, Alfred Sandoval, Louis
Powell, Alex Yrigollen, Gabriel Huerta, Frank Clement, Raymond "Chavo"
Perez, James Mario Perez

We want to commend the four main reps for continuing to work together
equally in unity for the last few years even with recent changes: One of
the main reps, Sitawa Nantambu Jamaa (Dewberry), has been transferred to
CCI Tehachapi SHU and George Franco has taken the position again as a
main rep for the Northern Mexicans.

      By re-reading and re-committing ourselves to the Agreement to End
      Hostilities, we are taking back control of our own lives and our
      own futures. As we wrote in the Agreement, "We can no longer allow
      CDCR to use us against each other for their benefit!"

We also note that the riots and racial hostilities at Calipatria State
Prison that happened a few months ago between the Mexicans and African
Americans have ended. We want to thank all of those individuals who made
this peaceful union occur.

We commend all who have worked hard to keep the peace and continue to
peacefully unite with one another.

Starting Oct. 10, 2014, the Agreement to End Hostilities for all races
is to be re-implemented in all California prison facilities and
California jails.

UNITED WE STAND!

/Raymond "Chavo" Perez, K-12922, is one of the 12-man Representatives
Body responsible for the historic Agreement to End Hostilities. He
survived 18 years in the Pelican Bay SHU Short Corridor until January
2014, when he was transferred to General Population in California State
Prison (CSP) Sacramento (New Folsom) on Step 5 of the Step Down Program.
Raymond's significant other, Kendra Castaneda-Perez, is a prisoner human
rights activist and writer. She can be reached at
//kendracastaneda99 at gmail.com/ <mailto:kendracastaneda99 at gmail.com>/. /