[Pnews] Shine a light on Tehachapi, where CDCr has violated prisoners’ constitutional rights for far too long!

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Sat Nov 1 14:51:43 EDT 2014

    Shine a light on Tehachapi, where CDCr has violated prisoners’
    constitutional rights for far too long!
    <http://sfbayview.com/2014/10/shine-a-light-on-tehachapi-where-cdcr-has-violated-prisoners-constitutional-rights-for-far-too-long/>

October 31, 2014
*http://sfbayview.com/2014/10/shine-a-light-on-tehachapi-where-cdcr-has-violated-prisoners-constitutional-rights-for-far-too-long/*

*/by Sitawa Nantambu Jamaa /*

/This is a summarized version of a letter I sent to Mike Stainer,
director of Adult Institutions, July 28, 2014, in order to address the
long standing U.S. constitutional violations at CCI-Tehachapi and bring
this prison under the current SHU standards forthwith/:

Salamu (Greetings), Mr. Stainer and Mr. Diaz:

As I briefly reach out to you and your staff member, Mr. Diaz, I trust
you are in good health and state of mind. I see that you are continuing
to press the CDCR’s STG-SDP, and from where I’m sitting, your office is
facing some serious structural dysfunctions throughout your prisons,
regarding your alleged Steps 3 and 4.

These programs have supposedly been operational since Oct. 12, 2012, and
Mr. George Giurbino and Ms. Suzan Hubbard have been campaigning and
speaking highly of their Steps 3 and 4 program. It does not exist!

This is one of the most refined schemes I have ever witnessed, and Gov.
Jerry Brown is actually scapegoating prisoners with the need for the
Step 3 and 4 program. The talking points used by Giurbino and Hubbard to
the public and to Sen. Loni Hancock and Assemblyman Tom Ammiano were untrue.

Stay tuned. Enough said for the moment. I just wanted to share my
thoughts, being that myself and other prisoners are seeing this type of
hell first hand and UP CLOSE!

My purpose is to establish monthly meetings between CCI-Tehachapi
officials and the four prisoner negotiators – myself, Danny Troxell
(B-76578), John Solis (C-52754) and Javier Martinez (T-62995) – who
shall speak on behalf of the Tehachapi SHU prisoner class. Now, over a
month or so ago while still at Pelican Bay State Prison (PBSP), I had
the opportunity to speak with Mr. Diaz about establishing a similar
working body to address some long standing problems here at CCI.

He agreed that some things needed to be worked out. Since my arrival, I
see that the problems are of a constitutional nature and we do feel many
can be resolved right here locally.

      My purpose is to establish monthly meetings between CCI-Tehachapi
      officials and the four prisoner negotiators – myself, Danny
      Troxell (B-76578), John Solis (C-52754) and Javier Martinez
      (T-62995) – who shall speak on behalf of the Tehachapi SHU
      prisoner class.

I truly understand the cultural changes you are facing, Mr. Stainer,
with wardens all the way through to correctional officers, but these
cultural changes have been at the expense of prisoners across the prison
system. These acts of persuasion and perturbation by prison staff have
to cease immediately here at Tehachapi! The cultural level with
prisoners has changed and continues to change.

There has to be a serious dialogue with yourself, Stainer and Diaz,
along with Tehachapi prison officials, in order to truly standardize all
SHUs, and currently Tehachapi is an un-standardized prison. All SHUs,
and currently Tehachapi, are un-standardized. They should follow PBSP as
the new and current model of areas that need to be altered in accordance
with the new standard model that we should be after.

We, the Prisoner Human Rights Movement (PHRM), need supporters to shine
a light on this prison, for they have violated prisoners’ constitutional
rights for far too long! We must be afforded our 10 hours of exercising
a week. We must be afforded three hours of visiting. Those are two of
our immediate requests and demands. Prisoners have been denied these
rights for years!

In struggle!

/Send our brother some love and light: Sitawa Nantambu Jamaa, s/n R.N.
Dewberry, C-35671, CCI SHU 4B-7C-209, P.O. Box 1906, Tehachapi CA 93581./