[Pnews] Urgent Campaign for Political Prisoner Abdullah Majid

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Mon May 19 11:04:01 EDT 2014

NYC Jericho visited Majid yesterday in SHU at Elmira. He is very strong
and confident that we will win this campaign. He wants to thank everyone
who has made phone calls and/or written letters and requests that we
continue this campaign.until our goals are met.

*PLEASE CONTINUE TO CALL AND/OR WRITE FOR MAJID.  IF AT ALL POSSIBLE, DO
THIS ON TUESDAY, MAY 20TH. OF COURSE, ANY DAY IS GOOD, BUT WE ARE TRYING
TO FLOOD THE PHONE LINES.*

LOVE AND RAGE,
ANNE
NYC JERICHO MOVEMENT

*URGENT CAMPAIGN
FOR PP ABDULLAH MAJID*

We just received a letter from Abdullah Majid dated May 9, 2014. "Just a
quick note to let you know I got a year in SHU. Need to get the word out
so folks can start calling Albany and Elmira about this sham hearing I
had with this political hack."

Months ago we reported that Majid was experiencing excruciating pain
from sciatica. He was scheduled to have back surgery in October of 2013,
and was instructed to stop taking the ibuprofen medication he was using
to alleviate some of the pain. During this time, the only remedy
provided has been a too short cane given to him by the prison doctor,
which is difficult for him to walk or lean on.

When the surgery was first postponed, Majid was told it was because he
needed to have some pre-op medical tests. Those tests were performed,
and he has seen a cardiologist and the doctor who is to perform the surgery.

As the days and months go by, his 90 year old Mother, Mrs. LaBorde,
becomes more and more anxious and frustrated by the DOCCS lack of
response to her concerns.

We found out on Friday, March 28th, that Majid has been put in the SHU
due to unfounded allegations against him by the DOCCS Muslim chaplain.
MAJID IS STILL IN SHU AND NEEDS OUR SUPPORT!

Majid was taken out to see the surgeon on April 24, and the doctor says
the surgery will happen "soon". We still need to make those calls so
that the surgery is not postponed once again, and to demand that Majid
be removed from SHU and returned to general population.

We ask you to contact DOCCS, the Superintendent at Elmira and Governor
Andrew Cuomo to express your concerns about the continued negligence and
disregard for Abdul Majid's health and medical well-being and to demand
that he be released from SHU and that the surgery take place as soon as
possible. Please be sure to give his name and DIN #: Abdullah Majid, DIN
# 83-A-0483 when you call or write.

Dr. Carl J. Koenigsmann,
Deputy Commissioner/Chief Medical Officer
DOCCS Division of Health Services
Harriman State Campus--Building #2
1220 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12226-2050
518-457-7073

Commissioner Anthony J. Annucci
NYS Department of Corrections
and Community Supervision
Building 2
1220 Washington Ave
Albany, New York 12226-2050
518-457-8126

Division of Health Services: 518-445-6176

The Honorable Andrew M. Cuomo
Governor of New York State
NYS State Capitol Building
Albany, NY 12224