[Pnews] June 10: All Out for Detroit! Defend Rasmea Odeh!

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Tue May 6 13:27:46 EDT 2014

      June 10: All Out for Detroit!
      Defend Rasmea Odeh!

Rasmea Odeh, Palestinian community leader and icon, begins her trial on
June 10th
<http://stopfbi.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=8b7315d854bc40ca9fa6dd227&id=efecc42516&e=b7378561ef>.
Despite months of Rasmea Defense Committee organizing in Chicago and
across the nation, the U.S. government refuses to drop its case against
Rasmea, who they are alleging lied on an immigration application she
filled out 20 years ago.  If found guilty, she could face up to ten
years in federal prison, an immediate revocation of her citizenship, and
then deportation from the United States.

        NOT UNDER OUR WATCH!

The charge against Rasmea is nothing but another political attack by the
U.S. government, meant to defame and criminalize another Palestinian,
Arab, and Muslim leader who has dedicated her life to the empowerment of
her people, as well as to intimidate and repress entire communities that
are organizing for justice and liberation.  We know Rasmea has never
lied about any part of her life.  She was brutally tortured into a
confession by the Israelis 45 years ago, and now the U.S. is trying to
brutalize her once again.

After giving so much of her life to others, Rasmea now needs our
support.  We have already received statements of support from over 100
organizations, and more than 3,000 people have signed the online
petition
<http://stopfbi.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=8b7315d854bc40ca9fa6dd227&id=c9c8394f07&e=b7378561ef>for
Rasmea. Now we have to show our presence in the court room. That is why
we are putting out the call:

        All Out for Detroit!
        Join us on June 10th in Detroit, Michigan, for the beginning of
        Rasmea's trial.

*We will pack the courtroom and rally outside every day of the trial to
show the broad support Rasmea has across all communities.*

Locations and times are still to be announced, but regularly updated
information will be found at www.stopfbi.net
<http://stopfbi.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8b7315d854bc40ca9fa6dd227&id=a4e0dabb29&e=b7378561ef>
and www.uspcn.org
<http://stopfbi.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=8b7315d854bc40ca9fa6dd227&id=268255589b&e=b7378561ef>.
You can also reach the Rasmea Defense Committee directly at cppr at aaan.org.

We hope to see you on the streets and in the courts of Detroit starting
on June 10th
<http://stopfbi.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8b7315d854bc40ca9fa6dd227&id=d6e1582bae&e=b7378561ef>!

Thanks for your ongoing interest in the fight against FBI repression of
anti-war and international solidarity activists!

*Our mailing address is:*
Committee to Stop FBI Repression
PO Box 14183
Minneapolis, MN 55414