[Pnews] Health crisis for Imam Jamil Al-Amin / What you can do to help!

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Mon Jul 7 12:30:47 EDT 2014

I do want to send information to you, and folks are circulating numbers
to call and things to do.  Just briefly, Imam Jamil has been ill for
quite some time, i.e., loss of 29 lbs., abscesses in his mouth--swollen
jaw, difficulty breathing, swollen feet and ankles, weakness, and fatigue.

We launched a campaign for people to contact Florence ADX, the Federal
Bureau of Prisons, and the regional medical division of the FBOP,
demanding that he be examined by a physician.  After pressure also from
two Congressional reps, he finally had blood and urine tests.  We then
found out that the results revealed perhaps an early stage of Multiple
Myeloma--cancer of the plasma cells.  With this preliminary diagnosis,
he has to have a bone marrow biopsy to determine the stage.

We are calling for him to be transferred immediately to a federal
medical center (Butner, NC, or Rochester, MN) where he can receive the
treatment that ADX failed to give him.

*Please e-mail the following right now and request that he is moved to
the best federal medical facility **that can give him the best attention
for this particular rare cancer.**
****
****Include his name and ID#:****
****           Jamil Abdullah Al-Amin #99974-555**
****
****/It is important to say, I am writing to request that /**/Jamil
Abdullah Al-Amin #99974-555 is moved from ADMAX, USP to the best federal
medical facility that can give him the best attention for this
particular rare cancer. /**
***
**

  * ***E-mail:E-Mail BOP - Click here
    <http://www.bop.gov/inmates/concerns.jsp>
    (http://www.bop.gov/inmates/concerns.jsp) Choose Florence ADMAX USP,
    in the next blank, include your e-mail address so that you receive a
    copy. Voice your request to move him to the best federal medical
    facility. Verify the symbols and then click submit.***

***
***
*Please Call the following and request that he is moved to the best
federal medical facility to receive comprehensive medical treatment: /

It is important to say, hello I am calling to request that /**/Jamil
Abdullah Al-Amin #99974-555 is moved from ADMAX, USP /**/to the best
federal medical facility that can give him the best attention for this
particular rare cancer. /*
**

  *
    *Federal Bureau of Prisons (202) 307-3198 Press #3 for Office of
    General Counsel and request that he is moved. You will be
    transferred to an individual to document the call. Pressing #7 and
    then #6 for Medical Services simply gives other recordings and was
    not as effective.*

**

  *
    *Lisa Gregory, Director of Health Services for The North Central
    Region of the Federal Bureau of Prisons -- telephone number -
    913-621-3939. Press 0 (Zero) for the operator. Leave a message if
    necessary. *

**
**

  *
    *Please also Write:*
    **
    *Director Charles Samuels*
    **
    *Federal Bureau of Prisons*
    **
    *320 First Street, NW*
    **
    *Washington, DC 20534*

I did a radio program this morning (WURD-Philadelphia) and Ramsey Clark
and I will do another program this Wednesday morning.  Also, I am
scheduled for another one on Wednesday, on WBAI out of New York this
evening at 11:00.

We naturally would appreciate your getting the word out, and we thank
you for all that you have done and are doing in support of Imam Jamil.

Stay well, and let me know if you need additional information.

Karima Al-Amin