[Pnews] Update from Seth Hayes on health and parole petition

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Wed Jan 15 15:10:32 EST 2014

Update from Seth, also sign and share his petition for release at
http://www.change.org/petitions/tina-m-stanford-free-robert-seth-hayes-74a2280

An open Letter to all of you.
To thank you for your engagement to render
Voice and Support and Your Love. In my hour of need.

First and Foremost, let me say, from my heart, I thank all of you.
Through your efforts, today I can say, I am stronger, observing new
results after waiting so long. I see changes being implemented and a
more serious attitude from those who are held responsible for my health
care. I am still waiting for an outside trip for the purpose of full
diabetic work up towards stabilized control. This I am informed will
occur, but I am not privileged to know when. Shortly after that
acknowledgement, Dr. W. Sidorowicz suggested I agree to be admitted into
the facility infirmary for diabetic assessment (?), treatment(?) of
which I agreed. I did not want to appear to be refusing medical
treatment made available to me. I am concerned though, "why now?"  What
stopped them 13 years ago to the present from accomplishing this same
purpose? Anyway, I await any implementations of positive health care
provision.

  At the moment, I feel stronger, more focused and patient. Meanwhile, I
continue to suggest that nutritious meal supplements (fresh fruits,
vegetables, unsweetened and low sodium items) be made available in the
commissary for purchase. Or at the very least allowed through the
package room. DOCCS has repeatedly refused to provide these valuable
assets to the inmate and inmate patients population. The DOCCS excuse,
stating its standard position that they provide adequate food
substances. In short, one diet fits all irrespective of medical needs
and concerns. Irrespective of the fact that it deprives some from
medical services.

Happily, Lately, I had a visit on Sat. 12/28 with my daughter Crystal.
And that in itself, enhanced my recovery stamina. Her smiles, love,
compassion and concern lifter higher that I'd been for some time, so I
wanted to than her herein as well.

To you Family, Comrades, Support Networks and Community Workers. Thank
you for all your caring, sharing and continued interest in righting a
wrong that corrections has allowed to fester for far to long. I also
continue to have strong stamina in working towards parole release. We
have strong points of law that demand compliance. We are circulating a
public petition towards release after so long
incarcerated.http://www.change.org/petitions/tina-m-stanford-free-robert-seth-hayes-74a2280

Finally, an open invitation to you to attend the MXCC PP/POW Dinner,
January 18th, 2014 at the Martin Luther King Jr., Labor Center, 310 West
43rd. Streed ( between 8th & 9th ave) in Manhatten, NY. Contact the
Malcolm X Commemoration Committee 718-512-5008 <tel:718-512-5008>,
mxcc519 at verizon.net <mailto:mxcc519 at verizon.net>,
http://www.mxcc519.org/ , or MXCC PO BOX 380-122, Brooklyn, NY 11238.

Again thank you so much for your continued faith and support. Much love
to you and yours from PP/POW's steadfastly engaged with you.

Respects!
Robert Seth Hayes