[Pnews] California Prisoners’ Agreement to End Hostilities as the basis for the abolition of ‘legal’ slavery

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Fri Dec 26 11:18:03 EST 2014

    Prisoners’ Agreement to End Hostilities as the basis for the
    abolition of ‘legal’ slavery
    <http://sfbayview.com/2014/12/prisoners-agreement-to-end-hostilities-as-the-basis-for-the-abolition-of-legal-slavery/>

December 25, 2014
*http://sfbayview.com/2014/12/prisoners-agreement-to-end-hostilities-as-the-basis-for-the-abolition-of-legal-slavery/*

*/by Michael Zaharibu Dorrough, J. Heshima Denham and Kambui Robinson,
NCTT Corcoran SHU/*

/“When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall,
one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.”/ – George
Berkeley

/“Slavery is nearly as old as human civilization itself, but … (in) 1698
…the construct of ‘race’ was hardly formulated … This racialization of
American slavery was rooted in economic calculation and psychological
anxieties … In fact, the human family was carved into modern “racial”
pigeonholes – white, black, red, brown, yellow – in order to control,
confine, discipline and dishonor … Racialized persons and racist
practices were systemized and canonized principally owing to the
financial interests and psychic needs that sustained the slave trade and
New World slavery.”/ – Dr. Cornel West

/“Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for
crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist
within the United States.”/ – Amendment XIII, U.S. Constitution

Greetings, Sisters and Brothers. There are moments in human history when
doors to genuine human freedom are opened. This does not mean we, as a
species, always take advantage of the opportunity to walk through those
doors – but every once in a while, the true potential for our liberation
arises. Often, we fail to take advantage of those opportunities because
we genuinely don’t know they exist; in such cases, a lesson in
dialectics is learned.

However, more often than not, it’s because there is some social force
standing in our way – be it unprogressive attitudes, backwards ideas,
old style tendencies, or the very real fear of freedom that’s been
deeply imbedded into so many of us. Something acts to bar us from
entering that new world of unrealized promise.

On Oct. 10, 2012, the Pelican Bay D-Short Corridor Collective, men from
various cultural groups and walks of life, put into effect the historic
“Agreement to End Hostilities,” perhaps the single most significant
“door to genuine freedom” opened in American society in recent human
history. What makes it so significant is not simply its motive force
but, more importantly, its true potential for our collective liberation
as a society.

On this second anniversary of this historic agreement, we’d like to give
you all a glimpse through the door the Agreement to End Hostilities has
opened for us all. For us to appreciate the path the Agreement to End
Hostilities has paved for our futures, we must look back at the “road”
we traveled thus far and understand its interconnections to both those
forces which have historically opposed progress and those which foster it.

Owing its origins to the primitive accumulation of capital within the
chattel slave system and the extermination of the Native Americans, the
very concept of race was manufactured by European colonial slavers and
business interests to develop a “legal” and ideological foundation for
establishing the socio-economic hierarchy and dehumanization of various
cultural groups – an ideology of superiority and inferiority which
reflected the European capitalist world view of economic, political and
military domination and exploitation of the Earth.

This system of global white supremacy was forged on the dehumanization
of the remainder of humanity by embedding the artificial ideology of
“racism” in its every institution. The correlation between the chattel
slave system and Native American genocide in the “New World,” the
development of the “race” ideology and “racial” antagonisms in American
society, the slavery provisions of the 13^th Amendment for convicted
felons, and the years of “race”-based hostilities among U.S. prisoners –
and the communities they hail from – cannot be accounted for simply
through the macrocosmic-microcosmic reflection of society and prisons.

No. It is much deeper and more disturbing than this, and it is why the
Agreement to End Hostilities is so potentially devastating to the
pillars of American capitalist exploitation.

/“(We) always agree that “race” is invented, but are then required to
defer to its embeddedness in the world.”/ – Paul Gilroy

The system of American capitalism has always used the fictitious
construct of race as the central means to maintain the fluid functioning
of the class system and in turn the dominance of the ruling class. It is
woven into the base and superstructure of American Society.

As James Yaki Sayles observed, race has come to function on the
superstructure; it’s become part of our distinct way of life and
cultural existence. The interests of race – as a characteristic of the
peculiar class and national social relations of capitalist and colonial
exploitation – have become part of the group interests that we share and
which stand as antagonistic to the interests of other groups of people,
classes and nations.

It’s part of the collective consciousness which informs the creation of
the organizations and institutions we use in pursuit of our aims. Now
all this is really less about race than about class and national
formation and consciousness. It’s not about race, since that’s a fiction.

As we’ve observed, racism developed as an ideological concept to sustain
slavery and as a justification for the extermination of First Nations
people. It was anchored in the economic deliberation, financial
interests and the panic of Europeans of the age over their numeric
inferiority in relation to the remaining human cultures of the world.

Conveniently, the same socio-economic and political motivations –
slavery and population containment – which “codified” racism as an
ideology and institution then are the same interests which maintain and
maximize them in the prison industry today. These racial antagonisms,
like so many other social ills, are magnified and concentrated in the
socially hostile microcosm of prison.

      The same socio-economic and political motivations – slavery and
      population containment – which “codified” racism as an ideology
      and institution then are the same interests which maintain and
      maximize them in the prison industry today.

This intentional warping of man’s social being – forcing the false
construct of “race” to be manifested as a social force in U.S.
capitalist economics – has been so thorough that it has allowed
dehumanization to not only be codified in the supreme law of land, the
slavery provision of the 13^th Amendment, but “normalized” it. Now tens
of millions of people in America accept dehumanization –
disenfranchisement, third and fourth class citizenship, “civil death”
and diminished constitutional and human rights – as a natural outgrowth
of their economic position in relation to the productive system.

There was a time when questioning a people’s humanity was tantamount to
a declaration of war. Yet millions so affected simply accept it – as
does American society as a whole. EVERY PRISONER in the U.S., including
parolees, regardless of cultural identity, religious or organizational
affiliation, is considered by the state to be a slave and is viewed no
differently from Afrikans in Amerika in the early 1800s.

/“The slave went free, stood a brief moment in the sun, then moved back
again towards slavery.”/ – W.E.B. Du Bois

The chattel slave system in the U.S. required Euro-Amerikans – and not
simply those engaged in the slave trade – to dehumanize the subjects of
the brutal practice: slaves. They went so far as to develop baseless,
pseudo-scientific rationales for phenotypical human variation, a product
of human evolutionary adaptation, and to connect these to a
stratification of the human species.

Their rationale reflected the irrational world view of the European
proto-capitalist: The European male was the only “true” human and the
creator of civilization; the rest of humanity was reduced to various
retrograde sub-human phenotypes with the Afrikan being the hindmost – a
mere “three-fifths of a man.”

When the Prison Industrial Complex erected the “new Jim Crow” on the
backs of the poor nationally, the “legal,” ideological and political
structures already existed to extend this dehumanization to those who
refused to accept the status quo of property relations and the dictates
of the ruling elite: the felon, the outlaw, the prisoner.

When we speak of America being a locked, anti-poor society, we are
speaking of the conscious dehumanization of the underclass and the
lumpen. Just as a quack “science” sought, and failed miserably, to
create some scientific justification for “racial” ideology and racist
dehumanization so as to legitimize its material force in society, so has
modern quack “science” sought to create justifications for
criminalization ideology and “criminal” dehumanization to legitimize the
disproportionate policing and imprisonment of “citizens” from poor,
non-European and underclass communities.

“Doctors” like Stanton Samenow and Dr. Yochelson have produced a body of
pseudo-science based on the eugenicist premise that “criminals” are
“born bad” and “genetically different from other humans” and the “only
solution is to separate them from society.” That every objective
sociological, physiological and psychological study refutes such
baseless claims as hokum is not what’s relevant.

What’s relevant is authoritarian powers want to believe them and penal
institutions across the U.S. have latched on to this tripe and
transformed it into a material force, building an entirely new
sub-industry of the PIC: cognitive restructuring. Their hope is to
brainwash hundreds of thousands of the imprisoned poor to absolve the
nature and structure of capitalist society of all culpability in the
lack of viable choices available to them and for the existence of social
automation technology and instead accept their innate criminality and
that they were born social degenerates.

Instead of moving away from the “Bell Curve” [a 1994 book by that name
arguing that racial differences in intelligence are genetic and
immutable], Samenow, Yochelson and their ilk have simply expanded it to
encompass anyone convicted of a crime – almost exclusively
non-Europeans, the poor and the underclass – an absurd notion in a
nation where the average person violates several “laws” daily that they
are unaware even exist. In the case of cognitive restructuring, it’s
just the latest way to monetize social control and add an air of
“scientific” legitimacy to dehumanization.

/“For every system of state and law, and the capitalist system above
all, exists in the last analysis because its survival, and the validity
of its statutes, are simply accepted (by the colonized) … And these laws
retain their validity even when personal motives or the force of
circumstances have induced him to violate them.”/ – George Lukacs

The truly disturbing aspect of all this is so many of us for so long
accepted this, even acted in accordance with it – much as slaves did in
the 1600s, 1700s and 1800s. The system of slavery was NOT maintained for
so long because of the lash, the noose or the guns of the slavers. One
can only be a slave master if the subjugated accept their roles as slaves.

No. It lasted so long due to the way slaves were orientated and divided.
It was the science of “man breaking and slave making.” They pit the male
slave against the female slave, the dark skinned slave against the light
skinned slave, the young slave against the old slave, the field slave
against the house slave – none would trust the other, yet ironically
they all “trusted” the slave master.

Prisoners, parolees and those under other forms of social control are
the only remaining “legal” slaves of the day and the new “slave master”
is the state. The state is the primary tool and weapon of the ruling
class. The state’s interests are the ruling class’s interests, period.
It is their chief weapon of dominance over the remainder of society.

There was a time in American history when that weapon was always pointed
at the Native American, the Afrikan slave, the unruly Mexican or the
European indentured servant. Now that weapon is always aimed at us – the
lumpen, the underclass, the convicted felon, the prisoner – because we,
like the Native, slave or indentured before us have no interest in
upholding and perpetuating a system which declares its imperative to
dehumanize and repress us. Again, see the U.S. Constitution’s 13^th
Amendment
<http://www.archives.gov/historical-docs/document.html?doc=9&title.raw=13th+Amendment+to+the+U.S.+Constitution%3A+Abolition+of+Slavery>.

      Prisoners, parolees and those under other forms of social control
      are the only remaining “legal” slaves of the day and the new
      “slave master” is the state. The state is the primary tool and
      weapon of the ruling class. The state’s interests are the ruling
      class’s interests, period.

There is an entire body of law which articulates the “legitimacy” of the
“civil death” of prisoners and the “appropriateness” of the absolute
despotism of the state in their lives. We tacitly support it by
accepting our dehumanization, though it runs contrary to our interests.

As a wise man once said, “The question I’ve asked myself over the years
runs this way: Who has done most of the dying? Most of the work? Most of
the time in prison (on max row)? Who is the hindmost in every aspect of
social, political and economic life? Who has the least short term
interest or no interest at all in the survival of the present state? In
this condition, how could we believe in the possibility of a new
generation of enlightened fascists who would dismantle the base of their
hierarchy?”

The modern Prison Industrial Complex has picked up right where the
“Peculiar Institution” [of slavery] left off, only substituting the long
standing cultural divisions of “race” ideology for traditional slavery’s
labor and social function-based divisions. They intentionally pit the
New Afrikan prisoner against the Mexican prisoner, the prisoner from the
North against the prisoner from the South, the European prisoner against
the New Afrikan prisoner, the young prisoner against the old prisoner,
the Kiwe against the Damu, the folks against the people, the European
have-nots from one group against the European have-nots from another –
and for decades WE ALLOWED them to do this to us.

They used our antagonisms, antagonisms born of this system they created,
as a basis to erect torture units – Security Housing Units (SHUs) – and
a system of mass incarceration which continues to devastate the working
class and the poor. They broadcast our conflicts and contradictions to
an uninformed public to secure ever larger portions of the social
product (taxes), further enriching themselves, their industry and their
labor aristocracy – as we were further dehumanized and despised.

Just like the slaves of the chattel era, many of us helped them out by
embracing this fiction, these manufactured categorizations, and fought
each other with delusional gusto, as they built a monolith of money and
political power in pools of our blood … until the Agreement to End
Hostilities was announced; and just like that – hundreds of years of
capitalist institutional exploitation was immediately put in jeopardy.

/“Only social practice can be the criterion of truth … Marxist
philosophy holds that the most important problem does not lie in
understanding laws of the objective world and thus being able to explain
it, but in applying the knowledge of these laws actively to change the
world.”/ – Mao Tse Tung

Correct ideas come only from social practice. In two short years since
the Agreement to End Hostilities was enacted by a relatively small
population of prisoners, it has manifested itself into a social force
which has accomplished the liberation from SHU of some of the most
severely tortured prisoners in the history of modern imprisonment.

There are few among the entire population of prisoners and their family
members who, just five years ago, would have believed this possible.
That in just two short years of social cooperation which defied the
ideology of “race” antagonism and the “civil death” of the
prisoner-slave status could produce such a result.

Though this victory, in actuality, simply exposed the fact that the
state has housed hundreds of men in torture units who should have never
been there, it does not mean the struggle has approached its logical
conclusion. On the contrary, the struggle has only begun.

      Just like the slaves of the chattel era, many of us helped them
      out by embracing this fiction, these manufactured categorizations,
      and fought each other with delusional gusto, as they built a
      monolith of money and political power in pools of our blood …
      until the Agreement to End Hostilities was announced; and just
      like that – hundreds of years of capitalist institutional
      exploitation was immediately put in jeopardy.

The next logical step is to move to reclaim our humanity and reorganize
the social life of ourselves and our communities in such a way that it
serves our interests. The Agreement to End Hostilities has provided us
with the impetus to organize ourselves to abolish not only indefinite
SHU torture, but the “slavery” provision of the 13^th Amendment upon
which the civil basis of our dehumanization rests.

Doing so would ensure we reclaim our humanity and become self-actualized
human beings with the right to influence our world and participate in
the social processes of life. To do this we must not only ensure the
Agreement to End Hostilities succeeds here in the kamps, but we must
extend the Agreement to End Hostilities to the streets.

      In just two short years social cooperation defied the ideology of
      “race” antagonism and the “civil death” of the prisoner-slave status.

It is within our communities where the “school to prison pipeline” opens
its maw to consume our youth and subjugate our collective future to the
role of slaves, powerless to do little more than poison, pimp and
slaughter one another on our way to the concentration kamps of the
state. The Agreement to End Hostilities offers our communities the
opportunity to confront and overcome our own internal contradictions
while forging new areas of social cooperation from which closer and more
harmonious relationships many emerge.

      We must not only ensure the Agreement to End Hostilities succeeds
      here in the kamps, but we must extend the Agreement to End
      Hostilities to the streets.

/“This new humanity cannot do otherwise than define a new humanism both
for itself and for others. It is prefigured in the objectives and
methods of the conflict. A struggle which mobilizes all classes of the
people and which expresses their aims and their impatience, which is not
afraid to count almost exclusively on the people’s support, will of
necessity triumph.”/ – Frantz Fanon

When social cooperation is strengthened, state power and oppression is
always weakened. Our capacity to manufacture and mobilize underclass
political power – not to validate the bourgeois political process but to
expose its contradictions, truly democratize its mechanisms and reclaim
our human right to influence society – will determine if we are
collectively capable of conquering our rights. Abolition of the slavery
provision of the 13^th Amendment means the abolition of prisoner
disenfranchisement, instantly transforming the prisoner class into a
constituency.

A recent Pew poll showed how new authorization, right-wing backed voter
registration and ID laws have reduced voter access to underclass,
nationally oppressed and youth voters by 30 percent. Direct access to
the political process for the prisoner class would push back against
this trend of legislative disenfranchisement.

These “legal” attacks on the people’s democratic rights are designed to
further marginalize the underclass into a solely labor and surplus labor
role – to work, be chained by debt, submit to exploitation, accept
criminalization and not be heard.

      Abolition of the slavery provision of the 13^th Amendment means
      the abolition of prisoner disenfranchisement, instantly
      transforming the prisoner class into a constituency.

Abolition of the slavery provision of the 13^th Amendment would mean the
end of compulsory and uncompensated prison labor. Involuntary servitude
is fundamentally inhumane and only serves to reinforce the essential
condition of oppressed man as the laborer whose production is
appropriated by his “masters.” It would create new spheres of social
cooperation to de-criminalize prison unions and provide the underclass
and other affected communities with the political will to defend and
expand organized labor unions in their communities.

      Abolition of the slavery provision of the 13^th Amendment would
      mean the end of compulsory and uncompensated prison labor.

Abolition of the slavery provision of the 13^th Amendment would
reinforce our human right to peacefully protest torture and other state
sponsored brutality without it being also branded a crime. Brothers and
Sisters, do you not see the correlations?

      Abolition of the slavery provision of the 13^th Amendment would
      reinforce our human right to peacefully protest torture and other
      state sponsored brutality without it being also branded a crime.

As Michelle Alexander observed in the section of “The New Jim Crow”
titled “The Birth of Mass Incarceration,” “conservatives systematically
and strategically linked opposition to civil rights legislation to calls
for law and order, arguing that Martin Luther King Jr.’s philosophy of
civil disobedience was a leading cause of crime.”

In classic irrational fascist reasoning, it was not the inhumanity of
Jim Crow law which was criminal; it was protesting against that
inhumanity which was criminalized. Identically, it is not the inhumanity
of systematic torture in indefinite SHU confinement which is deemed
criminal; it is our protesting against the inhumane practice which is
criminalized.

/“One function of the entire cultural apparatus at any given period has
been to internalize in men of subordinate position the idea of a
necessary domination of some men over others, as determined by the
course of history… As a result and as a continually renewed condition of
this cultural apparatus, the belief in authority is one of the driving
forces, sometimes, productive, sometimes obstructive, of human
history.”/ – Max Horkheimer

Restoration of our humanity by abolishing the basis for our
dehumanization is the first step in us all reclaiming our rightful voice
in social affairs. Intentional underdevelopment in the chattel slave
epoch and intentional underdevelopment in the modern Prison Industrial
Complex – enforced idleness, all-encompassing dependency, repression of
political expression, retardation of socio-economic self-determination
etc. – are both social control mechanisms reliant on legalized
dehumanization to accomplish that end.

They point to our intra-cultural (“racial”) antagonisms and conflicts as
“proof” of our sub-human nature, while simultaneously reinforcing the
ideology of racism as a material force in every aspect of human activity
– though not for the reasons many of you may believe.

“Race” serves the base by hiding its true nature and core
contradictions, such as the contradiction between workers and the
relations of production – specifically the trends of ownership of the
means of production and the appropriation of labor’s surplus value. The
ideology of race antagonisms obscures the origin, the source, of social
contradictions and hinders the progressive development of humanity as a
whole.

“Race” obscures “class,” so we cannot locate and understand the source
of social contradictions or the foundation of social development, which
are primarily the province of “class” relations. The Agreement to End
Hostilities clears away this “fog” and provides a basis for broad class
cooperation. Without the divisional dynamic of racial antagonism, the
truth of our human suffering of both its source and our own unwitting
participation in it is revealed – allowing us to move against it.

      The Agreement to End Hostilities provides a basis for broad class
      cooperation.

To be sure, already the Agreement to End Hostilities eats away at two of
the many pillars of modern solitary confinement: political and cultural
isolation. Men whose ideas and ways of life once kept them from even
talking to one another are now finding common cause, shared social and
political aims, and realizing that they may not be so different after
all. A more dangerous portent for the current nature and structure of
capitalist society does not exist.

      The Agreement to End Hostilities eats away at two of the many
      pillars of modern solitary confinement: political and cultural
      isolation. Men whose ideas and ways of life once kept them from
      even talking to one another are now finding common cause, shared
      social and political aims, and realizing that they may not be so
      different after all.

/“Instead of the ritual indignation and despair at the cultural
condition of ‘the masses,’ it is necessary to break through to the
central fact that most of our cultural institutions are in the hands of
speculators, interested not in the health and growth of society, but the
quick profits that can be made … The real question is whether society
can afford to leave its cultural apparatus in such irresponsible hands …
We should be much clearer about these cultural questions if we saw them
as a consequence of a basically capitalist organization, and I at least
know no better reason for capitalism to end.”/ – Raymond Williams

We, ALL OF US, are under assault at every point of human activity. Even
the food we eat is governed by industrial interests that intentionally
structured the modes of production to maximize profits, minimize food
safety, increase the intake of unhealthy corn based, genetically
modified, sugary, sodium packed processed foods by the underclass –
while ensuring healthy and/or organic produce is cost prohibitive. This
in turn ensures a steady influx of chronically ill, low income patients
whose health care costs and debt will ensure the profiteering of the
pharmaceutical, health care and debt based industries.

All of these industries in turn legally bribe your “elected” officials
by lobbying them into maintaining these modes of production. Meanwhile,
high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, heart disease and ever
increasing incidences of e coli contamination disproportionately ravage
the underclass and threaten the entire food supply – turning workers not
merely into paupers, but sick paupers.

By extending the Agreement to End Hostilities to our communities, we
establish the foundation upon which we can build Sustainable
Agricultural Communes, Closed Circuit Economic Initiatives, Health Care
Co-ops and Community Clinics, Block-Vote Democratic Initiatives and
Youth-Community Action Programs [described in “A discussion on strategy
for the Occupy Movement from behind enemy lines
<http://sfbayview.com/2012/02/a-discussion-on-strategy-for-the-occupy-movement-from-behind-enemy-lines/>.”]
We can finally begin to re-organize social, political and economic life
(transfer culture) so we can actually live and not simply exist.

Every one of you who are reading our words right now, regardless of
culture, class or social standing, are by your inaction supporting the
maintenance of slavery and dehumanization in America. All of us subject
to social control institutions, by our failure to support the extension
of the Agreement to End Hostilities to the streets, are actually
supporting our own slavery and dehumanization and enriching the very
class which has organized and structured the apparatus of our collective
human misery: the bourgeois authorization, the capitalist, the ruling class.

 From Ferguson to destabilizing imperialist adventurism in the Middle
East, from the e coli factories of the U.S. beef industry to the
maintenance of the U.S. domestic torture program in supermax prisons
across the U.S., the greed, hate and hypocrisy of the ruling class has
demonstrated in every area of human activity – particularly in the
codification of dehumanization for prisoners and the poor – that it is
unfit to dictate social life.

      All of us subject to social control institutions, by our failure
      to support the extension of the Agreement to End Hostilities to
      the streets, are actually supporting our own slavery and
      dehumanization and enriching the ruling class.

At almost this same time of year in 1847, Karl Marx and Frederick Engles
observed <http://www.gutenberg.org/files/61/61.txt>: “The modern laborer
… becomes a pauper, and pauperism develops more rapidly than population
and wealth. And here it becomes evident that the bourgeoisie is unfit
any longer to be the ruling class in society and to impose its
conditions of existence upon society as an over-riding law.  It is unfit
to rule because it is incompetent to assure an existence to its slave
within his slavery, because it cannot help letting him sink into such a
state that it has to feed him, instead of being fed by him. Society can
no longer live under this bourgeoisie; in other words, its existence is
no longer compatible with society.”

/“At the end of this massive collective struggle, we will uncover our
new man (woman), the unpredictable culmination of the revolutionary
process. He (She) will be better equipped to wage the real struggle, the
permanent struggle after the revolution – the one for new relationships
between men (women).”/ – A Wise Man

Finally it is here in this observation as relevant and accurate today as
it was in 1847 wherein lies the great significance of the Agreement to
End Hostilities. It has the potential to topple the Ruling Class by
transforming the nature and structure of the human relationships upon
which the capitalist system is based. The “race” caste system and
economic class systems are interconnected and mutually reinforcing.

Without cultural antagonisms – especially within the underclasses of
society – the system cannot function as designed. To end hostilities
among cultural groups, to engage in social cooperation which serves our
collective interests – in both society and prison – erodes the very
purpose of the race caste system. It ceases to perform its function to
bar broad class cooperation and uphold European male dominance. Thus the
core contradictions, the “face(s)” of our true enemy, are revealed and
together we have moved and can continue to move against it – until we
win or don’t lose.

Our futures – and the future of humanity itself – is in our hands. Will
we be equal to the demands of history, or will we buckle under the
weight of our collective contradictions and descend once again into the
miasma of the mass psychology of fascism?

Our confidence is as ever with YOU, the people. We would like to thank
the Pelican Bay Short Corridor Collective Human Rights Movement for
giving us all the opportunity the Agreement to End Hostilities represents.

      We would like to thank the Pelican Bay Short Corridor Collective
      Human Rights Movement for giving us all the opportunity the
      Agreement to End Hostilities represents.

We would like to encourage you all to support the Agreement to End
Hostilities in YOUR communities. Support the New Afrikan Prisoners
Rights Coalition Movement and, most importantly, support one another.
Our love and solidarity are with you all always. Until we win or don’t lose.

/NCTT Corcoran SHU/

For more information on the NCTT or its work product, go to
NCTTCORSHU.org or contact:

  * Michael Zaharibu Dorrough, D-83611, CSP Cor SHU 4B1L-22, P.O. Box
    3481, Corcoran CA 93212
  * J. Heshima Denham, J-38283, CSP Cor SHU 4B1L-39, P.O. Box 3481,
    Corcoran CA 93212
  * Kambui Robinson, C-82830, CSP Cor SHU 4B1L-28, P.O. Box 3481,
    Corcoran CA 93212

/NCTT mailed this to Kendra Castaneda Perez. She is a writer, a prisoner
human rights advocate, and the wife of Raymond “Chavo” Perez, who is one
of the 12 representatives responsible for the historic Agreement to End
Hostilities and who spent 18 years in Pelican Bay SHU Short Corridor
until January 2014, when he was transferred to Sacramento State Prison
(New Folsom) general population into Step 5 of the Step Down Program./