[Pnews] Wednesday, Dec 17th - Queers Against Prison: SF benefit for political prisoners Luke & Marius!

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Sun Dec 14 18:11:58 EST 2014

*Queers Against Prison present:*
*Saturnalia -HOMOcoming festival of FLAMERS before the winter solstice..
*
*in honor of our imprisoned comrades,
Marius Jacob Mason & Luke O'Donovan
*
*
*El Rio
3158 Mission Street
San Francisco   Wed, December 17th
**doors: 8pm, show: 9pm*
*
bands:
*RAGANA <http://ragana.bandcamp.com/> *-sentimental destruction jams-
Oakland*
<http://ragana.bandcamp.com/>**SBSM
<http://sbsmoakland.bandcamp.com/album/bitter-ends> *-queercore
synthpunk- Oakland
*Sorry, Not Sorry* -fun queer punk- SF
*
*Dance Party mix:*DJ DURT <http://www.djdurt.org/>*
*
*
$7 donation requested for commissary funds.

HOMOcoming photo booth = dress up!
photos from fabulous SF will be sent to Marius & Luke to brighten their
winter.

We will have a table full of zines, info, support t-shirts, posters, and
a mini vegan bake sale.

This is a radical queer event, all of our allies are invited.
Come show your solidarity for trans/queer political prisoners!

*El Rio
3158 Mission Street
San Francisco
**doors: 8pm, show: 9pm*
*
*
El Rio is a mostly accessible space: "Our entrance and most of the club
are wheelchair accessible, including the back deck but not the yard. Our
bathrooms are not wheelchair accessible and do not have grab bars (and
would not be accessible without assistance).
We do not have a parking lot. For more information, please call
415.282.3325 <tel:415.282.3325> We will do our best to accommodate you!"
facebook event:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1524864291089045/?ref_notif_type=plan_user_joined&source=1
<https://www.facebook.com/events/1524864291089045/?ref_notif_type=plan_user_joined&source=1>

*More info:* http://supportmariusmason.org/
http://letlukego.wordpress.com/
*Luke O'Donovan *http://letlukego.wordpress.com
<http://letlukego.wordpress.com/>
Luke O'Donovan is a survivor of a homophobic attack in Atlanta, GA, was
sentenced on August 12th, 2014 to 2 years in prison on charges that he
assaulted those who attacked him. This was the epitome of a hate crime.
Witnesses report seeing between 5 and 12 men attacking O’Donovan,
stomping on his head and body, and stabbing him in the back while
calling him a ‘faggot.’ Now Luke is doing time for defending himself.
Because he has chosen to remain vegan while in prison, Luke will need as
much commissary as possible in order to purchase extra food.
*Marius Mason *http://supportmariusmason.org/
<http://supportmariusmason.org/2014/07/07/free-marius-jacob-mason/>
We would like to let everyone know that Marius Jacob Mason will no
longer be using the name Marie, and will be using male pronouns. We hope
that you will all join us in supporting Marius through this transition,
which will no doubt be extra challenging within the prison system.
Marius Mason is a long-time activist in the environmental and labor
movements. In March 2008, he was arrested by federal authorities for
charges related to two acts of property destruction that occurred in
1999 and 2000; no one was injured in either of them. He accepted a plea
bargain and was sentenced on February 5, 2009 to just under 22 years. He
is now serving the longest sentence of any "Green Scare" prisoner.