[Pnews] Cri de Coeur from Lynne Stewart - Organize on October 8 - SF Rally

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Sun Sep 29 13:37:28 EDT 2013

In San Francisco on October 8 we will mobilize at Montgomery & Market.
Assemble at 5 pm, rally/speakout  at 5:30 pm Sign the new petition! (See
below).

This will be a street mobilization/rally in front of the offices of
Senator Dianne Feinstein. A delegation will visit with Feinstein's
representatives earlier in the day.

Sponsor: Lynne Stewart Defense Committee and Bay Area National Lawyers Guild
Contact: Jeff Mackler, West Coast Coordinator, Lynne Stewart Defense
Committee 510-268-9429 <tel:510-268-9429>
*A Cri de Coeur from Lynne Stewart:*
 From Deep in the Belly of the Beast ... that is, Texas.
Now another month has passed and I am getting increasingly irritable
that these jokers are so cavalier with my life and what time I have
left. (I also am getting weaker.)
My application for compassionate release is moving but glacially (Are
there any glaciers left? Only in the bureaucracy...). We learned that
the request has left the General Counsel's office of the Bureau of
Prisons in Washington and is now being considered by an "Independent
Committee" (whatever that means).  From there it will ostensibly go to
the Director, Mr. Samuels, for the final recommendation and request for
a motion to the Judge.
As you can appreciate there is still plenty of room for slips between
cup and lip.  I truly understand that I, with the strong and consistent
support of all 30,000+ of you, do constitute a "threat" in their small
universe.  That is to say that, the will of the People cannot be ignored
forever. With that in mind, I want to urge everyone to come on out on
OCTOBER 8, TUESDAY, MY 74th BIRTHDAY
FOR A LOCAL SHOW OF OUR COLLECTIVE WILL
IN OPPOSITION TO THE '"DEATH PENALTY "
ORGANIZE • ORGANIZE • ORGANIZE • ORGANIZE • ORGANIZE
YOU AND YOUR COMRADES, FRIENDS, ACQUAINTANCES CAN GATHER AT YOUR LOCAL
FEDERAL (U.S.) COURTHOUSE OR POST OFFICE TO REMIND THEM THAT WE WILL NOT
LET ME DIE IN A JAIL CELL!!!
If you can do this please notify Ralph of your location by sending an
email to my web site or to this site. We hope this will be nationwide
and we can spread the word of the senseless cruelty in the way the
Bureau of Prisons administers a program that is supposed to be
compassionate. I may be the "poster child" but this is done on behalf of
all the prisoners who are languishing, in pain or worse, trying to go home.
Be out there on October 8.  It is already an historic day.  Let's make
it More So!!! Let's Win.
Lynne Stewart
Please sign the NEW petition for Lynne Stewart . Your signature will
send a letter to Bureau of Prisons Director Samuels and to Attorney
General Holder requesting that they expedite Lynne Stewart’s current
application for compassionate release. The NEW petition is at
https://www.change.org/petitions/new-petition-to-free-lynne-stewart-support-compassionate-release