[Ppnews] New Petition for Lynne Stewart Compassionate Release

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Sun Sep 22 14:18:19 EDT 2013

*AN URGENT UPDATE:
<http://www.change.org/petitions/free-lynne-stewart-support-compassionate-release>
A NEW PETITION IN OUR ESCALATED EFFORT TO SECURE FREEDOM FOR LYNNE
STEWART!
<http://www.change.org/petitions/free-lynne-stewart-support-compassionate-release>*

An outpouring of support is required once again to free revered attorney
Lynne Stewart. She has submitted a new application for compassionate
release and received word on September 6, 2013 that FMC Carswell Warden
Jody R. Upton has sanctioned and forwarded her papers to the Bureau of
Prisons headquarters in Washington, D.C.

With every pretext now removed, we summon  Bureau of Prisons Director
Charles E. Samuels, Jr. to act appropriately and expeditiously: Review
Lynne Stewart's new application, again sanctioned and forwarded by
Warden Upton. Instruct  the federal attorney accordingly to file the
requisite motion with a Federal Bureau of Prison recommendation for
Lynne Stewart's compassionate release. Judge John G. Koeltl is on the
record:  he will respond to the motion the moment he receives it.

In July 2013, Lynne Stewart was provided a conservative prognosis of 18
months remaining life in the report of the oncologist retained by the
prison, thus meeting the new guidelines for compassionate release
established by the Bureau of Prisons. Yet another two months have passed
since then, with Lynne Stewart's health deteriorating rapidly, and still
she is not free.

Now, more than ever before, every day, every moment counts.

We call upon all to sign the new petition
http://www.change.org/petitions/free-lynne-stewart-support-compassionate-release
which will direct a demand letter from you by email to Director Samuels
and Attorney General Holder.

Please distribute the new petition widely and urge all within your reach
to follow your example and sign the petition so free Lynne Stewart.

Over 30,000 people in the United States and internationally signed our
initial petition. The number of people who have done is, in reality,
significantly greater because the support from prominent organizations
encompasses approval and support of their individual members.

Let us outdo all our previous efforts in pressing our demand at this
late time: release Lynne Stewart from vindictive bondage and suffering.

On October 8, Lynne Stewart will be 74 years old. She has devoted her
life to the impoverished and oppressed, as a school librarian in Harlem,
New York and for 30 years as an unwavering criminal defense attorney
whose personal and professional ethos continuously placed her client's
interests above her own.
We do not want Lynne Stewart to celebrate her 74th birthday on October
8th in prison; should that be the case, she has asked us all to sound
  the alarm in vigils and rallies outside U.S. Court Houses and
appropriate public centers.

Let us embrace her with our energy and our support.

To send your message to Federal Bureau of Prisons Director Samuels and
to U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder, please sign the new change.org
<http://change.org/> petition for Lynne Stewart at
http://www.change.org/petitions/free-lynne-stewart-support-compassionate-release