[Ppnews] Families of CA prisoners - statement on suspension of hunger strike

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Thu Sep 5 16:43:16 EDT 2013

*FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE*

September 5, 2013

As family members and leaders of the California Families to Abolish
Solitary Confinement (CFASC) organization, the Hunger Strike Mediation
Team and the Prisoner Hunger Strike Solidarity Coalition, we feel that
the almost 60 day hunger strike was a huge sacrifice on the part of the
prisoners. We can't imagine what their bodies have endured these past 60
days and we are very glad that it's over and that there were no lives lost.

At the same time, we know and are prepared for the greater challenges
that lie ahead. To ensure that the prisoners, our loved ones, never need
endure such suffering again we will continue in our work to bring an end
to such inhumane conditions.  As members of CFASC, ourselves and many
family members are ready to continue and remain in the forefront to
bring an end to the use of long term solitary confinement.

We are very proud of our family members and loved ones that were willing
to make such a sacrifice which has gained international attention and we
are honored to be part of such a historical movement.

Irene Huerta, CFASC, wife of Gabriel Huerta, PB Short Corridor
Representative

Dolores Canales,CFASC mother of PB SHU prisoner

*
C*alifornia *F*amilies to *A*bolish *S*olitary *C*onfinement
*714.290.9077 <tel:714.290.9077>
www.abolishsolitary.com <http://y.com>
*
*C*huco's* J*ustice* C*enter*