[Pnews] Call in today to demand - Move Marie Mason

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Mon Oct 21 11:15:54 EDT 2013

*Suggested Call In Times*

      The BOP office is open 8am-5pm EST. We’re suggesting then that
      people call in at the following times according to their time
      zone. Of course, the most important thing is to call, so call when
      works best for you.

      West Coast- Call between noon and 2pm your time
      Mountain People- Call between 11am and one your time
      Central Folks- Call between 10am and noon your time
      East Coast- Call between 9am and 11am your time

      Monday, Oct. 21 – National Call-In Day to Move Marie

Published October 15, 2013 Move Marie
<http://supportmariemason.org/category/move-marie/> Closed

Environmental activist and community organizer Marie Mason is serving
the longest sentence ever (22 years) for environmentally motivated
property destruction. In 2010 she was transferred to the notorious high
security prison FMC Carswell.

Now we’re mobilizing to get her moved. <http://movemarie.com/>

On Monday, October 21st, people across the country and world will keep
the Bureau of Prisons office ringing off the hook demanding she be
moved. We need your help to make the 21st the day we forced the BOP to
take notice.

There are multiple ways to join in on the action:

    Call In

See the call script and recommended call in time and make the call. It
takes a minute, but your participation will make a huge impact on the
campaign and the effort to move Marie.

    Organize a Phone Tree

Get friends and family in on it by organizing a phone tree. Create a
list of people who agree to join you in calling, then pass it out to
everyone. The first person calls in, then calls to remind the next
person in line. If you get a voicemail, leave a message go down the list
until you reach someone. It’s an easy way to help yourself and others
follow through.

    Share Your Call In Story

After calling in, let people know how it went via Diaspora, Twitter,
Facebook or other platforms you use. It can be as simple as “I called
the BOP to Move Marie!” with a link to the call-in info or a quick
rundown of what went down when you called. It will help inspire others
to call and raise awareness about the campaign.

    Call Script

Use the following script to help prepare what you will say. Practice a
few times to yourself if you’d like. Speak politely and with confidence
and urgency.

*Call Bureau of Prisons Director Charles E. Samuels, Jr.
(202) 307-3250/3062*

    Hello, my name is _______ and I am calling about Marie Mason, ID
    #04672-061. I would like to speak with Charles E. Samuels Jr. about her
    unjust transfer to FMC Carswell.

    Hello Mr. Samuels. My name is ________ I am calling on behalf of
    Marie Mason, who has been unjustly placed in a special isolation
    unit at FMC Carswell – without notice or cause- in a move that is
    strictly punitive on the part of the BOP. Marie has had no
    disciplinary incidents since her incarceration, poses no threat or
    danger to the prison or other inmates and has worked hard to make
    her life and the life of her fellow inmates better for the last 5
    years. There is no reason for her to be in this unit – 1000 miles
    from friends and family.
    We demand that Marie be moved to a lower security facility – closer
    to her family and friends – so that she can serve the remainder of
    her sentence in a facility where she can be housed with the general
    population.

    Thank you for your time. I will be following up in the coming months
    to check on this situation.

--
Move Marie from Carswell prison
http://www.movemarie.com/