[Pnews] Albert Woodfox bids farewell to his Angola 3 brother, Herman Wallace, fights on for freedom

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Tue Oct 15 19:44:32 EDT 2013

    Albert Woodfox bids farewell to his Angola 3 brother, Herman
    Wallace, fights on for freedom
    <http://sfbayview.com/2013/albert-woodfox-bids-farewell-to-his-angola-3-brother-herman-wallace-fights-on-for-freedom/>

October 15, 2013
*http://sfbayview.com/2013/albert-woodfox-bids-farewell-to-his-angola-3-brother-herman-wallace-fights-on-for-freedom/*

/*by Albert Woodfox*/

Well, the old man has decided to leave us! I am sure it was a very hard
choice for him: Who will I serve, the ancestors who have called me home
or humanity whom I love so much?

Old man was my term of endearment; it had to do with the age of
everything to do with his heart and soul. Herman "Hooks" Wallace was not
a perfect human being and, like all men, he had faults and weaknesses,
but he also had character! He could make me so mad that I wanted to rip
his head off! Then he would melt my heart with a word or act of kindness
to another human being.

      He was the best of us. As long as we remember him, he lives on.

On Oct. 1 sitting in a hospital room with the other part of my heart,
Robert H. King, I tried to will a miracle, and it was granted -- not the
miracle of life that I wanted but the miracle of freedom! After 42 years
of tireless struggle against evil, he was a free man!

I wanted so badly to witness his walk to freedom, but it was not to be.
I had to leave. But after losing my mother, sister and brother in law to
cancer, I was at peace!

I had a chance to say goodbye to my comrade in the struggle, my mentor
in life, my fellow Panther and most of all, my friend. Herman taught me
that a man can stumble, even fall, as long as he gets up. That it's OK
to be afraid, but hold on to your courage. To lose a battle is not the
loss of a war!

Herman Wallace's greatest pride was joining the Black Panther Party for
Self Defense! He believed in duty, honor and dedication. He never broke
the faith of the party, his comrades or the people. As I bent to kiss
his forehead, my heart said, "Goodbye, I love you forever"; my soul
said, "Separated but never apart, never touching, but always connected."

He was the best of us. As long as we remember him, he lives on.

All Power to the People!

/Albert "Shaka Cinque" Woodfox/

/Send our brother some love and light: Albert Woodfox, 72148, David Wade
Correctional Center, N1 A3, 670 Bell Hill Road, Homer, LA 71040./