[Pnews] Lynne Stewart's message for Oct. 8th, her 74th Birthday

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Thu Oct 10 10:51:17 EDT 2013

*A Message for October 8, my 74 Birthday*

http://lynnestewart.org/2013/10/08/from-lynne-a-message-for-october-8-my-74-birthday/

It is certainly sobering to be celebrating the start of my 74 year mired
down in this prison. It is even more so when there is my  life line that
must be considered.  Nonetheless, I remain my ebullient self and face my
fight and my future with optimism.  Part of the reason for this is the
wonderful mail I receive daily from people all over the U.S. and the
world.  From Tasmania to Tel Aviv (!?) people write and tell me of the
role I play and have played in their lives.  It is overwhelming sometimes.

Today, I have asked you all to rally once again on my behalf.  (Little
did we know they would close down the federal government last week.  A
conspiracy to keep me here?  smile) By coming out and making another
statement on my behalf, I think you are taking a stand for everyone
behind bars.  They can lock us down but they cannot lock us away from
the people, who are now coming to have a different sense of the futility
and cruelty of the prison system, and who will take action if called
upon.   I am happy to be the poster girl, oops, woman, for this.  I know
it will never be a some time thing for me and that when I am in the
world again (and I WILL BE IN THE WORLD AGAIN !) this struggle is one
that I must continue.  I hope we all give a heartfelt wish for health
  and release for Herman Wallace, a valiant warrior, our brother
comrade, who is dying in Angola, after 40 years of solitary.

Hoping that it is a glorious day wherever you are hearing this--my mom
always remarked that the Sunday I was born was perfect weather . I guess
I am waxing nostalgic but blow out the candles and have a bite of the
birthday cake and know that I am indebted to all of you and to our
movement for the fabulous and courageous support you have shown me over
these years.     We go on to victory for one elder woman(me) but also to
express our outrage at this heartless system.

Lynne Stewart,
Prisoner # 53504-054"
Federal Medical Center, Carswell
PO Box 27137