[Pnews] It's practically torture – and we're doing it to kids?

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Tue Oct 8 14:55:00 EDT 2013

*https://www.aclu.org/secure/its-practically-torture-and-were-doing-it-kids?sid=1570094

*Watch this video - kids as young as 13 are subjected to a practice
that's basically torture. Check it out and take action after to stop this:

*Every day across the country, kids as young as 13 are held in solitary
confinement with almost no human contact for days or months at a time.*
Solitary can amount to torture, and the consequences can be devastating
for children because they are still developing—that's why we must stop
this cruelty now.

Earlier this year, we joined with 40 advocacy groups and launched a
campaign to pressure Attorney General Eric Holder to ban solitary
confinement for youth in federal custody—which would set an important
precedent for states to follow suit.  We received an initial response
from decision-makers at the Department of Justice that signaled
interest, *but they still have not committed to a ban.*

*So we're helping to shine a spotlight on this cruelty with this
video—and then next week, we'll deliver the signatures of the tens of
thousands of people calling for an end to this practice.* Sign the
petition to add your voice to the call for justice now and help us get
to 50,000 signatures—to make sure that Holder can't ignore this issue
any longer.

https://www.aclu.org/bansolitary?ms=taf_acluaction_solitaryvid_131002

Thanks.