[Pnews] Gov. Brown commits crimes against prisoners’ humanity for guards’ campaign contributions

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Wed Oct 2 20:35:53 EDT 2013

    Gov. Brown commits crimes against prisoners’ humanity for guards’
    campaign contributions
    <http://sfbayview.com/2013/gov-brown-commits-crimes-against-prisoners-humanity-for-guards-campaign-contributions/>

October 1, 2013
http://sfbayview.com/2013/gov-brown-commits-crimes-against-prisoners-humanity-for-guards-campaign-contributions/

/*by Sitawa Nantambu Jamaa*/

Gov. Jerry Brown is the good ol’ boy of the 21st century prison
industrial slave complex (PISC). I write this in the interest of my
humanity and all humanity. My self-worth is not measured by the
arbitrary placement of gang titles by my captors, over which I have no
control. Yet I adamantly reject all labels placed on me to the day I die.

The governor is empowered by the people. Their voice is the voice he is
supposed to adhere to in the state of California. He chooses to
disregard the power of the people. The governor is so arrogant that he
took the position along with his crony, Corrections Secretary Jeffrey
Beard, to defy the highest court in this country.

This is the mentality of a good ol’ boy who attempts to rule with little
regard for the interests of the common people of California. They exert
their power to oppress and suppress the people, maintaining control over
all aspects of our lives, whether we’re in or out of prison.

It amazes me how political officials who are empowered by the people
have little or no respect for the people or the rule of law. They take
the position that “this is how I run MY government.”

News flash: It’s not your government, governor. The government belongs
to we the people. You are working to serve the peoples’ interest; we are
not here to serve your interests.

You govern all the people of California, including prisoners, despite
what you may think. If you are unable to do your job to the satisfaction
of California taxpayers and voters, then it is time that you look for a
new occupation this coming election. And you can take Secretary Beard
along with you because the people will have spoken.

      We say that our lives are more valuable than your re-election and
      we insist that you put politics aside and END LONG TERM SOLITARY
      CONFINEMENT NOW. Solitary confinement is torture.

Your silence does not excuse you for your crimes against our humanity.
You are an overseer of CDCr prisons and we have evidence that clearly
shows prisoners have been murdered, beaten and tortured throughout these
solitary confinement units by CDCr officials who are subordinate to you.

We understand that you’re not willing to risk losing the $2 million in
campaign money that the CCPOA – the prison guards’ union – contributes
to your campaign for governor. We understand clearly that you are
seeking re-election and do not want to jeopardize those donations.

But we say that our lives are more valuable than your re-election and we
insist that you put politics aside and END LONG TERM SOLITARY
CONFINEMENT NOW. Solitary confinement is torture. Amnesty International
has condemned the pattern of practice in which prisoners are tortured.
The United Nations has condemned the pattern of practice in which
prisoners are tortured.

The United States Commission on Safety and Abuse in Prisons has been
calling for an end to long term solitary confinement over the last seven
years and has condemned this pattern of practice in which prisoners are
tortured.

We the people of California have condemned this pattern of practice in
which prisoners are tortured.

      Amnesty International has condemned the pattern of practice in
      which prisoners are tortured.

Governor, it is time for you and Secretary Beard to quit manipulating
Californians with your Willie Horton racist rhetoric toward scaring the
American people with the big Black boogie man syndrome.

      The United Nations has condemned the pattern of practice in which
      prisoners are tortured.

Stop it, governor! You and Beard should be ashamed of such divisive
rhetoric that you use to pit Californians against each other by race,
class and caste.

      The United States Commission on Safety and Abuse in Prisons has
      been calling for an end to long term solitary confinement over the
      last seven years and has condemned this pattern of practice in
      which prisoners are tortured.

We ask all supporters and non-supporters to vote politicians into
positions of power who will hear the voice of the people. Reject those
who abuse the power afforded to them due to some narcissistic,
over-possessive control freak syndrome which many of them suffer from.

      We the people of California have condemned this pattern of
      practice in which prisoners are tortured.

We prisoners insist that the people of California get the facts. Follow
your money. See whose pocket it’s going into.

Investigate the solitary confinement units. You’ll see that CDCr has
been lying to you. When you find that out, will you then hold them
accountable? Or will it be business as usual?

Where is the accountability to the taxpayers? Any public official who
tortures prisoners does so in your name – not his or hers.

In struggle,

/Sitawa/

/Send our brother some love and light: Sitawa Nantambu Jamaa, s/n R.
Dewberry, C-35671, PBSP SHU, D1-117L, P.O. Box 7500, Crescent City CA
95532./