[Pnews] Free At Last! Herman Wallace Has Finally Been Released

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Tue Oct 1 22:24:49 EDT 2013

http://angola3news.blogspot.com/2013/10/free-at-last-herman-wallace-has-finally.html

After a long, dramatic day, we are humbled to report that the
indomitable, irrepressible Herman Wallace has just been released after
spending over 4 decades in solitary confinement.

Even after Judge Jackson's late evening ruling
<http://angola3news.blogspot.com/2013/10/update-judge-denies-state-appeal-and.html>
denying the State's attempt at a stay and again ordering his
immediate release, the State continued to stall.  Once notified of the
continued delay, Judge Jackson stoically refused to leave his quarters
until Herman was released, and just minutes ago, Herman was driven away
from the prison a free man, awake and able to revel in this miraculous
turn of events.

The State will likely still appeal to the 5th Circuit and attempt to
have the order reversed, and may even re-indict him, but it seems that
Herman, against all odds, has won.

Despite all the exciting drama of the day, this is obviously a
deeply bittersweet moment for all those involved in the campaign as we
know Herman may not have much longer amongst us, but thanks to the
unwavering commitment to justice that those on this list have
demonstrated over the years on A3's behalf, he will not die in prison
behind solitary bars.

Now we must resolve collectively to harness this rediscovered energy and
excitement and dedicate ourselves to getting Albert the same result
without delay.

If you happen to be in New Orleans, supporters are holding a vigil
tonight starting in just a few moments at 8pm. Everyone is welcome to
come and celebrate this incredible news. Coliseum Square was the
original location, but it has been changed to LSU, outside the hospital
emergency room, at 2021 Perdido St New Orleans, LA 70112.

With awe, bewilderment, and a renewed optimism, we will keep supporters
updated.