[Pnews] Retaliation against Pelican Bay mainline prisoners

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Tue Nov 5 10:38:58 EST 2013

    Retaliation against Pelican Bay mainline prisoners
    <http://sfbayview.com/2013/retaliation-against-pelican-bay-mainline-prisoners/>

November 5, 2013
*http://sfbayview.com/2013/retaliation-against-pelican-bay-mainline-prisoners/*

/*by Johnny Aguilar*/

I was released from Ad-Seg Unit on Aug. 19, 2013, here on B-Yard at
Pelican Bay State Prison, 180 Level 4. As of this date, Oct. 2, 2013,
B-Yard has been on a particular set program per CDCR, which I will
surely reveal to the public. They are entitled to know what we are
experiencing inside these prison walls.

I received a 115 (Rules Violation Report, or write-up) for peacefully
protesting my right to resist solid foods for 35 days, so as I exited Ad
Seg, the unit counselor placed me in a special category, "C over C,"
which means I'm deemed a program failure, for approximately six months.

I was made to send all my appliances (radio and TV) home. Mind you it
wasn't just myself; it was 100-150 inmates of all races! It's just
another way for CDCR to choose who is on the yard, going to school,
learning a trade or obtaining a job.

So as a collective, I brought awareness to the yard that we must push
forward by filing complaints (602s). That way we have a paper trail.

We all are 100 percent committed in this struggle for true reform. We
will continue to be on standby and ready to resume if need be.

We all also understand and agree as well as respect the end to all
hostilities. Some guys have been returned to SHU for validation just for
hunger striking and receiving 115 write-ups.

      We all are 100 percent committed in this struggle for true reform.
      We will continue to be on standby and ready to resume if need be.

We are all aware of how CDCR's manipulation and divisive tactics keep
prisoners fighting amongst each other. We will stand strong together and
not fall for such tactics. Here on mainline they (CDCR) have continued
to oppress us by not allowing those of us who participated in the hunger
strike and work stoppage to attend group yard, school or trades training
or obtain work. We're even prohibited from attending religious services
and self-help groups such as Narcotics Anonymous and Alcoholics Anonymous.

      Some guys have been returned to SHU for validation just for hunger
      striking and receiving 115 write-ups.

These A and B yards do not have pre-parole or other self-help classes or
any sort of rehabilitation, which is a set need for parole board hearings.

COs continue to strip us inmates down butt-naked on the concrete walkway
for any eligible for group yard. These searches are degrading and
uncalled for. CDCR's excuse is to make sure there are no weapons on the
yard, which is ridiculous for there have not been any lethal weapons on
this yard for over two years. We don't even receive mandated 10 hours of
yard a week.

      Here on mainline they (CDCR) have continued to oppress us by not
      allowing those of us who participated in the hunger strike and
      work stoppage to attend group yard, school or trades training or
      obtain work. We're even prohibited from attending religious
      services and self-help groups such as Narcotics Anonymous and
      Alcoholics Anonymous.

We are on rotation of programs -- one week Monday, Wednesday, Friday,
Sunday, the next week Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. It's just another
tactic from CDCR to isolate, deprive and oppress. It's all retaliation
for the hunger strike and work stoppage.

This movement will continue to grow in mass numbers to change the
prisoncrats' policy. We stand united in peace to resist our captors'
long-running acts of oppression and send big solid respects to all who
are taking a stance in this massive struggle. We thank all the families
and friends inside and outside for their support. Stay strong; continue
to be brave. We are here with you.

/Send our brother some love and light: Johnny Aguilar, Jr., AF-8730,
PBSP GP B7-206L, P.O. Box 7500, Crescent City, CA 95532./