[Ppnews] FBI billboards in Newark targeting Assata Shakur

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Fri May 3 11:25:34 EDT 2013

In case anyone thinks that the FBI putting Assata Shakur on the Most
Wanted Terrorist List is just a symbolic thing without repercussions for
our communities and movements, please check out this photo someone
snapped in Newark last night:

(just coincidentally, this is supposed to take our minds off of the
torture of 166 prisoners in Guantanamo - now on hunger strike, the
80,000 people held in prolonged isolation in u.s. prisons on a daily
basis, the close to 2.5 million held in cages, those countless killed
and maimed by drones instead of being sent to Guantanamo or rendered to
Abu Ghraib. Who are the real terrorists?
ed.)

/From Domingo Estevez on Facebook:/

Was in Newark today and came across this. *ASSATA SHAKUR* is the
step-aunt of Tupac and is also a women who dedicated her life in the
U.S. to the betterment of her people as well as seeking justice and
freedom. Remember the beauty of life is that it is bigger then all of us
and together we could make the changes we want to see in the world. *I
stand with ASSATA, a BMCC graduate*

#HANDSOFASSATA. TELLING THE TRUTH IS NOT A CRIME. FIGHTING FOR SOCIAL
JUSTICE IS NOT A CRIME. FIGHTING AGAINST RACISM IS NOT A CRIME. If you
don?t stand for something you will fall for anything? HOW WILL YOU BE
REMEMBERED ?