[Ppnews] Pelican Bay - Sabotage

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Sat Jun 29 14:40:20 EDT 2013

    Sabotage <http://sfbayview.com/2013/sabotage/>

June 29, 2013
http://sfbayview.com/2013/sabotage/

/*by Mutope Duguma, Sitawa N. Jamaa, Abdul Shakur and Sondai Dumisani
for the Pelican Bay Human Rights Movement*/

On Jan. 29, 2013, I wrote an article called "The Lying Game: CDCR, Inc
<http://sfbayview.com/2013/the-cdcr-ccpoa-lying-game-prisoners-united-women-and-men-know-the-truth/>."
I wrote this article because I wanted the public, our legal team and
mediation team and anyone else who's willing to listen to know that it
is not the prisoners who are lying; instead, it is the prison officials
at the very top who are doing all the lying.

They lied to our representatives about promising to implement our Five
Core Demands. They have lied about letting prisoners out of solitary
confinement who have been classified as alleged gang members. They lied
to the Office of the Inspector General, saying that they cannot utilize
the Behavior Management Unit (BMU) because of the past violence.

What must be understood is that the CDCR officials and officers were the
culprits who orchestrated the violence between the races. This is
something that has been proven already by numerous CDCR officials who
betrayed CDCR's code of silence. They call them "whistleblowers," which
is another way to say "snitches."

The CDCR's Green Wall GANG has been exposed, where CDCR officials pitted
race against race and set up brutal gladiator fights, in which many
prisoners were shot and murdered by the same prison officers who were
betting on these gladiator fights.

I touched on these criminal acts by CDCR prison officers in an article I
wrote, "How Easily We Forget
<http://sfbayview.com/2012/how-easily-we-forget/>." Not one prison
official was prosecuted for shooting and murdering prisoners, although
there was a ton of evidence provided by CDCR officials themselves. This
was the only time when CDCR rejected snitching, when it threatened their
green wall gang. Their policy is that if you put on the green
correctional suit, then the code of silence has to be honored; meaning,
"We do not snitch on our own" under no circumstances.

Yet, they place prisoners in solitary confinement indefinitely on
confidential information provided by prison snitches that they
themselves corroborate under "confidentiality." Then they tell you that
in order to get out of solitary you have to emasculate yourself, or
become a "prison snitch," and they influence these actions by placing
prisoners under a system of protracted torture.

The prison officials lied to numerous federal judges while under oath,
testifying through many judicial proceedings. Within the CDCR there
exists a culture of liars, where they lie to one another just as well.
Unfortunately many of them think that they are professional liars, and
they take pride in this practice.

On May 29, 2013, our Mediation Team had a meeting with Inspector General
Officer Mike Stainer and Deputy Attorney General Kelly Harrington, and
they told our Mediation Team that our four representatives have been
refusing to have meetings with PBSP officials in order to resolve the
local issues here at the prison. This was an outright lie!

Sitawa, one of the reps for New Africans, wrote to Warden G.D. Lewis,
Chief Deputy Warden Ducart and Associate Warden R.L. Swift, in a CDCR 22
request form, a clear description how and why the last meeting failed.
Their response was that the litigation officer had informed them not to
hold the meetings any more. A similar CDCR 22 form was then forwarded to
Litigation Officer Barnts and he refused to respond.

Directors Mike Stainer and Kelly Harrington stated, matter of factly, to
our Mediation Team that it is not CDCR that does not want to hold the
meetings; it's the four representatives who are refusing the talks. This
was a conspired lie.

Our Mediation Team was provided with the documents proving that CDCR
officials are nothing but liars who have no respect for the truth and
take no responsibility for their lies. This is how they have been able
to hold well over 3,000 prisoners indefinitely in solitary confinement
on information that they manufactured along with prison snitches who
conspired with them in order to get out of solitary or to stay on
General Population.

Why have there not been any investigations into the many SHU placements,
where prison officials lied in order to place prisoners into long term
solitary confinement? We all have our facts about each of our individual
situations, but can we expect CDCR to give us a fair and impartial
investigation? NO. They have proven time and time again that they are
incapable of investigating themselves.

      We believe that these staff personnel who live in their isolated
      communities, who have had very limited interaction with human
      beings who do not talk as they do, look as they do, or live as
      they do, across race and class lines, can easily disconnect
      themselves from our humanity and, as a result, treat us as they
      please.

Our Mediation Team was provided with the truth, written by one of the
PBSP subordinates of the warden, Capt. Puget, as to why the meetings
were ended. We also believe that Warden G.D. Lewis "sabotaged" the
meetings by putting the following gang officials in charge of the
meetings: Associate Warden R.L. Swift, former ISU Capt. Barneberg,
former IGI Lt. Capt. Olson and Capt. Puget, former appeal coordinator.

These officials have a personal axe to grind. They are the same
officials who have been subjecting us to every form of torture within
their power, toward destroying us physically and psychologically. These
officials hated the meetings with the associate warden from the onset,
but they had "no control" over them, which is why, when they gained
control, they deliberately set about to sabotage the meetings by being
blatantly disrespectful to our representatives, who then immediately
rejected their BS unanimously.

We then had Sgt. Davis, along with all the other lieutenants and
sergeants, telling us that those who are in charge now will do what
Assistant Warden P.T. Smith was too cowardly to do -- end these
charades: prisoners talking to each other.

This is not no charade. This is about human beings' lives and suffering
in solitary confinement. This is not about no prison officials' ego or
feelings. This is about the suffering of prisoners in long term solitary
confinement and their families, who suffer as a consequence of their
unjust placement in solitary confinement.

We asked, "Why is it that you guys are so bent on holding us back here?"
They responded with the typical words, "safety and security of the
institution." Then we told them, "But we're all back here on
administrative placement," meaning that we committed NO offense to be
held back here, especially 10 to 40 years. It does not get more inhumane
than this.

They fall silent and mouth off some sarcasm. As they turn to go, they
say, "You all should have thought about this before you broke the law
(expletive)." And they continue their expletives right on out of the
unit section door.

We believe that these staff personnel who live in their isolated
communities, who have had very limited interaction with human beings who
do not talk as they do, look as they do, or live as they do, across race
and class lines, can easily disconnect themselves from our humanity and,
as a result, treat us as they please.

/Send our brothers some love and light:/

    * /Mutope Duguma (s/n J. Crawford), D-05996, PBSP SHU D1-117, P.O.
      Box 7500, Crescent City CA 95532/
    * /Sitawa Nantambu Jamaa (s/n R. Dewberry), C-35671, PBSP SHU
      D1-117L, P.O. Box 7500, Crescent City CA 95532/
    * /Abdul Olugbala Shakur (s/n J. Harvey), C-48884, PBSP SHU D1-119,
      P.O. Box 7500, Crescent City CA 95532/
    * /Sondai Kamdibe Dumisani (s/n R. Ellis), C-68764, PBSP SHU D1-223,
      P.O. Box 7500, Crescent City CA 95532/